Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Let's show-off our Shalach-Manos (Pix!!!)
Previous  1  2  3  4

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 2:03 pm
I'm still newlywed and with a 4 month old baby so friends and neighbors dont expect a mishloach monos from me. I send to relaives only, aunts/uncles, sils/bils etc. That's why I put on the pic. I wouldnt just send around to everyone with my dd's pic.

ok ok the real reason for the pic & theme: ppl started the recycling chain instead of making their own mishloach monos. I dont wana work so hard only to have it passed on further. So with a pic and whole theme...it's kindof too foolish to give it further! Twisted Evil

greeneyes

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 4:45 pm
For some reason I can only see about half of the pictures in this thread, but the ones I do see are beautiful! Happymom@last, I love what you did!

Here are my amaretto cakes:

red sea

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 4:47 pm
greeneyes they are very pretty, how did you pack them?, I cant tell & always look for ideas

greeneyes

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 4:54 pm
Thanks, red sea! I used cellophane, & kind of wrapped them as if I were wrapping a gift. Know what I mean?

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 7:05 pm
Greeneyes, ur cakes look delicious! I'm so in the mood...

chayitty

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 7:32 pm
I also only give sil's and aunts and grandparents....barely give any friends...and no neighbors...so I finbd it cute to put in a pic..makes it more personal

bigdeal

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 8:46 pm
well cy they sure were adorable!!!

bandcm

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 7:39 pm
I made rogelach and packaged it with wine for about 8 people.
Then we made 100 pretty boxes with nash, homentashen and a drink, and also hosted a Purim seuda for 80 people with a Chinese theme, (at which we gave out the boxes and instructed people to exchange them, so everyone fulfilled the mitzva)so I had plenty of work notwithstanding.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 8:50 am
happymom@last wrote:
Greeneyes, ur cakes look delicious! I'm so in the mood...

Thanks! Very Happy

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 11:56 am
Hubby and me dressed up as bill and hillary clinton - masks, t-shirts and all Smile

So my theme was all-american. I baked cheesecakes, decorated w/ strawberries and blueberries in design of american flag. Bought red/white/blue chocolate covered pretzels and placed in red/white/and blue organza drawstring bags. Covered wine with red/white/blue ribbons. Bought salt/pepper shaker in shape of bald eagle w/ flag, and put hamentaschen in a mini american takeout box. Placed an american flag in back. Since we're newlyweds, we gave inlaws and parents, 8 x 10 reprint of wedding pics. All that went on a styrofoam covered with red/white/blue tissue paper, and covered with american flag cellophone wrap. I wrote a little poem and hung it outside. Take a look:

Lilkingdom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 12:10 pm
hey! I know who you are! Why hiding under amother?

It's gorgeous!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics