Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
BURNED OUT!!!! please respond!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:08 pm
What do I do, when I am totally burned out of work! I had enough of this office, enough of all the men around and have absolutley no drive to get things done here. (thats why I am on imamother a whole day! Very Happy ) any suggestions? should I just look for another job, or can I get back into it??

pinkheart

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:29 pm
The way you put it down, just look for another job! Get out of there Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:38 pm
you think? no hope for me here? I keep telling myself its only harder to start a new job.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:41 pm
It's not ez starting a new job especially when you're at your old one for a while, but totally worth it. I started something new a few months ago-was sick of my old place. I had no cooperation there-nuttin!!...So I got the courage and left. Smart thing I did!

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 2:54 pm
hm ... you're getting paid to be on Imamother ... doesn't sound too bad ... What

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 3:56 pm
Once you stop caring about the work, it's time to move on. It's not fair to you or your employer.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 4:29 pm
op here, so you are all saying I should leave? there is no way I can get myself back into things here?

grin

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 4:32 pm
has the situation changed recently at work, for the worse? can you upgrade your job at all, make it more challenging or interesting?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 4:35 pm
grin, I wish I could, but I am the only woman working there is no real promotion I can get. so maybe its time to look for new work??

grin

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 4:40 pm
if it's gotten to the point where you can't stand coming to work anymore, and no real possibility of improvement, then the answer could be yes.
I think another Q is how important the money is to your budget and can you afford to go without it until you find something else. In general, you shouldn't leave a job until you find the next one.

MahPitom

Post Thu, Mar 27 2008, 5:44 pm
I’m so sorry for you. I’m assuming that the only reason you are in this job is because you need the money. If you are burned out, you might be burned out form all offices too. I would turn towards a different way of making money (babysitting at home, gift wrapping service, etc.) you can do it, go come up with something! While you are figuring it out, start out small on the side. The excitement alone will keep you interested and your mind off the job you hate. Once you feel solid about the new venture, go fly your kite!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics