Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Glass top stove can't be kashered!

dora

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:22 pm
We asked a few people who own glass top stoves how they kasher, and got different answers. The dh asked the rav who said hell call back after checking into it- and the answer was NO, cant be done. So today we spent $320 on a new oven and now I have a Pesach oven

SingALong

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:31 pm
my mom has a glass stove top. it isnt over the oven, its just set into the counter. therefore, she keeps a special piece in storage and switches them every year for pesach and switches them back after.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:44 pm
I was going to suggest buying from the manufacturer a replacement piece to change the top ... you store it away with your pesach stuff ...

dora

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:55 pm
we thought about it but a top is $250 without installation, just not worth it. I,m putting the new oven next to my other one. The old one is self clean so I'll do that and have 2 ovens and one stove top,I'll cover the top of my current stove so I gain extra counter space. After Pesach we'll take out the new oven to the garage (right off the kitchen) ready fo next year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics