Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Gift for mil for having us for pesach?
Previous  1  2

shopaholic

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 10:57 am
Last time we spent Psach with my in laws, my mIL didn't have any cookbooks so I think that's what Im getting this year.

Lani22

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 12:07 pm
I am planning on taking a day off of work to help my MIL cook and prepare.

Squash

Post Wed, Mar 05 2008, 12:10 pm
Lani22 wrote:
I am planning on taking a day off of work to help my MIL cook and prepare.

this is THE best gift!!!

I remember one year my sister came to my parents from overseas with quite a few kids for succos. she brought along ALL the side dishes for the entire yom tov. there was no gift that could have been better.

so yeah, help with prep is an amazing gift. so special that you thought of that.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:14 pm
We bought my MIL a nice sterling silver ring (one we know is her style)!
We want her to feel special! and for the second days I'm going to my mothers and we are bringing pickled tongue Smile (they can't get it where they live!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:30 pm
I gift is imp to bring, its a nice gesture of showing appreciation. what about a cookbook? one year I bought one and she was so happy. when I go for yom tov I bring a dessert or a dish but on pesach we dont mix so its hard so I try to bring a gift.

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:37 pm
boruchhashem wrote:
a set of nice bed linen

Smart minds think alike Wink . As I was reading above and slowly scrolling down I kept thinking 'why doesn't anybody suggest nice bed linen? I think it's such an appropriate gift!' and then there you were!!

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:38 pm
thanx for all the ideas guys, I was in the market for a nice gift too Very Happy

shopaholic

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 10:06 am
I just bought my MIL a nice Michal Negrin imitation earrings & necklace set. I wanted to get something for her personally.

Basya

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:04 am
My MIL would be quite insulted if I brought a cookbook! She has all "her recipes" that she always makes etc. etc. - giving her a cookbook would be like telling her I dont like her food!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 11:11 am
I hope that for the people that are staying with parents or in-laws for the whole chag, that in addition to buying MIL a present (or instead of buying her a present), that you help defray some of the costs of all the food, wine, etc. It's such an expensive holiday, so it's nice to buy a case of wine, matzah, etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette