Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
High Chair Dilema

PinkandYellow

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 6:01 pm
My toddler is 2.5 yo and is still using the booster seat that we bought for him when he started solids. If he sits on a reg dining room chair he isn't high enough and close enough to the table and it makes a huge mess. but now I'm starting baby on solids this week (not much, a little here and there so I can leave her) and my question is do I buy her another booster seat? do I buy a high chair for her and let son stay in booster for as long as he needs/is willing? do I kick him out of booster so she can have it, but then I need to figure out a way of feeding him? what to do?
tia

GAMZu

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 6:35 pm
I like to have a high chair anyway to park the baby when he's with the family for the meal, even if he's not eating. Or when in the kitchen, watching me cook, and it's dangerous to be underfoot.

But in your situation... how old is she? You definitely shouldn't "kick out" your son from the booster. They don't necc have to eat at the same time, especially since she's starting with once a day.

Maybe she can do that one short meal on your lap and then go on to do whatever she was doing during mealtime before solids?

challi

Post Sat, Apr 12 2008, 6:41 pm
if you can, deff get another high chair or booster. I let dd who is 2.5 and boy do I regret it. IMHO, a high chair is best since you already have a booster, once ds is big enough to move out you can move dd into the booster and free up the highchair. Plus the highchair has the added benifit of not taking up another one of your chairs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics