Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Get ready for Pesach 2009
Previous  1  2

zigi

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 10:12 am
su7kids thanks for the great idea! I just made a list and saved it! and thanks mugsisme for starting the thread with the idea to write a list right after pesach!

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 10:45 am
I am really really trying to do super decluttering so my pesach cleaning next year will not be spring cleaning at all.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 10:51 am
So what's easier getting ready for Pesach with morning sickness or having a two and a half to three month old baby because that is what we IY"H are going to have next year lol. I told dh that we did Pesach simple this year we are going to do Pesach very simple next year as well. It'll be worth it.

mugsisme

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:46 pm
CM, do you consider typing on the PC to be writing? (I know some people do.)

Su, WOW!!!! 45 dozen eggs? Man, I thought I went through a lot using 8 dozen. How many people did you have over yom tov?

On another thread, I saw people who had posted on the first days of yom tov, and couldn't understand how it happened. Now I realize that they were in EY, and it wasn't yom tov for them. embarrassed

I know that this sounds nuts, but I only had one zip lock bag left in my Pesach paper-goods box. I was actually thinking of replacing it THIS week. (Then I saw how much chometzdika stuff I needed, and decided not to.)

I store the list in a folder called Pesach (duh), where it has all my lists for each year. I just pull up the old list, hit save as, and save it with an 09 in the name instead of 08.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:19 pm
freidasima wrote:
Chossid mom I'm with you, I thought my brain had fried when I saw "yesterday" for the Americans.

Yes, we are lucky in EY that we have a shorter chag and more enjoyable (because we are HERE!)
I heard that the Baal Shem Tov said that one of the only things he was happy about in Galus was the second day of YomTov, a special gift, and even when Moshiach comes, he doesn't want to give it up! Did anyone else hear this?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:23 pm
mugsisme wrote:
CM, do you consider typing on the PC to be writing? (I know some people do.)

No, but thanks for asking. NOt everyone cares. Sad

mugsisme wrote:
Su, WOW!!!! 45 dozen eggs? Man, I thought I went through a lot using 8 dozen.

I boiled exactly 4 eggs and threw 2 of them away this morning.

louche

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 9:38 pm
I take notes on how much we used of what and adjust the next year accordingly, but it never works out 100% because people's tastes change, activities change, how much company we have or if we eat out changes, what I cook changes...still it works reasonably well and we are reasonably consistent.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics