Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Wine while nursing?

EvenI

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 4:42 am
Does anyone know what is recommended regarding drinking wine for the four cups when nursing (6 month old baby)?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 7:10 am
The general measuring stick is 'if you can't drive, you can't nurse'.

Yes, I realize it's a moot point for Seder, but you probably have a good idea who many glasses of wine it takes to make you hand your keys over to the designated driver.

ShanaMatele

Post Thu, Apr 17 2008, 1:25 pm
I use a very low alcohol wine. I will use the Bartenura Malvasia (5% alc.), and I'm nursing a 10 month old. I know it's a bit expensive, but it's worth it to me to be able to drink wine and still not worry (too much) about nursing. I try to also drink plenty of water. I have used this for Pesach while nursing in the past with no problems. I am also careful to drink just the minimum shieur.

(Disclaimer: Please ask a physician or lactation consultant about this if either mom or baby have any extenuating medical conditions or circumstances. Also, please take extreme care with any form of co-sleeping after having wine at the Seder.)

Happy Pesach!!

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 10:56 am
When my son was 10 days old and we took him to the pediatrician for a checkup he told me straight out, "You can drink and you can have caffeine when you're nursing." so I've been living it up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics