Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD is bright, but tuning out math tutor

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 1:01 pm
Tutor told DD to call tutor tonight to tell her when math test is. I'm 99% sure DD will not call on her own. Tutor and I feel that DD should meet w. tutor as many sessions as DD needs to pass the next math test. DH couldn't care less. He will at most say- You have to pay attention to the Tutor (with no other consequence), and DD will laugh. I'm a single parent in a two parent home. DD only likes subjects where she doesn't have to do any work. WWYD?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:04 pm
How would you approach this with your daughter if u were in this sitch?

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:10 pm
reality is not everyone can be good in every subject ... some are good in math ... others in history ... there are natural consequences in life - and if she cannot put some effort for herself to pass math - how can you do it for her ... if dh does not stand behind you do not bring him into this ... if she needs more encouragement I guess you can offer her a prize if she passes the test - such as a night out 1 on 1 for icecream or to do her nails or s/t ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children