Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
On the phone all night!!!

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 12:41 pm
So what do you do with girls who could yak on the phone all evening? So I made a rule, no phone until after you finish your homework. But what happens after that? Do you set a time limit too?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 1:55 pm
you might see how they act with little sleep.

does someone else need the phon? is it noisy ?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 1:58 pm
No incoming or outgoing calls after 10.

If someone waited until 10 to call me (or my kids) or if I or my girls waited until 10 to call someone, it can wait until 8 a.m. the next morning.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:03 pm
anyone who calls my phone late at night - gets a rude awakening when I redial first thing in the am ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I say so long as nobody needs the phone and their in check with their hw etc ... then no biggie ... but NOT all night ... I believe in bedtime ...

Last edited by greenfire on Wed, Apr 30 2008, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Koshermomma

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:48 pm
YESHASettler, I agree with you. It is just rude to call someone's house after 10 - younger kids are sleeping, and hopefully, someday, the Mommy will be sleeping!!

red sea

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 2:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
anyone who calls my phone late at night - gets a rude awakening when I redial first thing in the am ... :twisted

Rolling Laughter

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 3:35 pm
at a certain age they just call each other's cellphones or text..all night...middle dd has 3 cellphones, she pays for all of them, she's a communication nut...and they are always going off with different melodies...youngest dd has one with beautiful israeli old fashioned music as a ringtone, every time I hear hoy artzi moladiti or chava alberstein's balada al sus im ketem al hametzach I sing along until I realize it is her phone...youngest ds has some crazy screech as his which drives me nuts, dh keeps his on vibrate and mine is the old fashioned ring...beep beep...but I have special ringtones for each family member...with my mother having a can can...so much like her...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 4:51 pm
sometimes experience is the best teacher.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 4:53 pm
my sister's ringtone to me calling is "old macDonald had a farm ... e I e I O" what am I to think ... MOO !!!

ny21

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 7:28 pm
I dont have a curfew to their bed time

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 9:15 pm
I can sympathize with OP. My daughter can also yakkety-yak all night and all day. I wish I can impart the message that my mother a'h told us girls when we were teenagers: the first ten minutes of a telephone call is tachlis and smart talk; after 10 minutes it's shtissim and loshon hora, so please don't go that route.
Today's teens don't have just '9 measures of dibbur', I think they have 99!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children