Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Teaneck anyone?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 6:13 pm
Hi guys my husband and I are lookking into moving from NY to somewhere close by, Teaneck sounded preety ok so I was wondering if anyone here if from there or lives there and what they can tell me about it.....
ie, amount of frum couples, what type, what kind of community it is...
thanks alot

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2008, 6:51 pm
Ranges from very MO to YU type frum, depending on the area. There are a few who grew up in more right wing communities but moved here to get away from the community standards, so they are a bit laxer in tznius than the YU people, like they wear short sleeves, short skirts, and uncover a lot of hair. The YU people don't do these things.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 01 2008, 7:09 am
I grew up in teaneck and can say that you have almost every kind of jew (maybe except chassidim) that live in teaneck and BH we all pretty much got along. I know that in the shul that we went to growing up there were women that always wore wigs and there were women that wore shorts in the summer, so you really have it all. you asked the amount of frum couples, ill tell you that when I was growing up, there were maybe 3 frum shuls (possibly 5) but now I think that there are about 9 frum shuls. the frum community is just growing from leaps and bounds.

if you have specific questions, I can try to answer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating