Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Donating Old Clothes

shoy18

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 10:39 am
I have so much old clothing that are in perfect condition that I just dont want anymore and its been sitting in my closets in bags waiting to be given away, however, I dont know where I can send them or drop them off. Does anyone know where in Brooklyn I can drop old clothes and shoes that are in good condition?

Thanks

Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 10:50 am
I don't know about brooklyn, but what I did in israel, and do now is I donate to the nearest shelter for abused women.
those women usually flee their houses with nothing but the clothes they and their children are wearing, so anything and everything you give will be much appreciated!

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 3:52 pm
shoy contact Bikur cholim or Jewish Community Counsil and they might be able to help you out.

technic

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 5:51 pm
pearl what an amazing idea - I would never have thought of that!!!

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 5:55 pm
any ideas of what to do in an area where there is no jewish place to donate?

shira

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 6:27 pm
There is a woman in Beitar who brings in used cloths from the states and runs a gmach here. If you are interested, let me know.

ElTam

Post Mon, Sep 19 2005, 8:43 pm
Another plug for giving to a battered women's shelter. These women also need nice things because they are going to have to go out and get a job, so those nice suits that don't fit you any more, etc. can really make a difference in their lives.

Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 3:11 am
technic -thank you Very Happy !

shanie5 - why only donate to jewish places? if there are no jewish places around, and you know of other ppl in need - why not help them?

supermom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 5:24 am
or how about the victims of katerina, or gush katiff?

shoy18

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 8:28 am
thanks for all the replys but does anyone know an actual place and number I can go to or call? Ive been searching online and asking people and I havent come up with anything

shanie5

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 8:37 am
gush katif and katrina victims- you need a way to get them there- easier said than done.
all we have here is the salvation army, and they prosletize(sp?), so we shouldnt give there. I used to give to goodwill, but they closed down here.
the womens shalter is a good idea. ill ask if they accept stuff.

Yael

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 11:39 am
montreal used to have a drop off bin for old stuff, and now they moved it,
does anyone know where I can drop of tons of old clothes?

Mommy912

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 1:02 pm
Shoy, Pesach time I put clothes in a box for Chasdei Brocha - it is a container parked outside a house on L? and East 7th? - or somewhere like that. It is gone now and I also need a place to donate. Sephardic Bikur Cholim on McDonald Ave will sometimes accept clothing - look up the number and call first. Let me know if you find another idea, I have a bunch of stuff.
Tizki Limitzvos

shoy18

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 1:04 pm
thanks mommy912 the sephardic center I was told is a pain it has to be freshely laundered and in prestine condition and if they dont want some of the stuff they call yoyu and make you come and get it. the cloths are washed of course but...

buba123

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 8:19 pm
In Boro Park you can drop off clothing at a family - Juravel (she also runs a cleaning agency that I get my regular cleaning help from). They're on 45 St. between 14 & 15 Aves. I don't know the exact address - look it up, it's listed. You drop it by their basement stairs.

shoy18

Post Wed, Sep 21 2005, 8:28 pm
thanks buba really apreciate it I will look them up and drop it off
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics