Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Using your color analysis/ pallete
Previous  1  2

mumoo

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 6:45 pm
did you already have many of your colors in the closet? Were the clothes that 'felt' the best to wear actually in your palette? I would guess we all subconsciously know what we look/feel best in but at time get swayed by a fashion trend or sale price

cheerios

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:33 pm
Btw, there are less expensive options out there. I had my colors done for $75, and there's someone else who does it in Long Island I think for $200. Jessica is supposed to be really good, but she's above my budget.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:46 pm
I heard of color analysis, but other than that its all french to me. Can someone explain? What

amother

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:15 am
I did it both ways and the less expensive option is less expensive with good reason - Jessica really knows what she's talking about

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:45 am
Does anyone have Jessica's number?
Also does she also help you figure out what clothes look good for your body shape.
If anyone knows of someone who could help with that I'd appreciate it.

Maya

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:36 pm
Quote:
Going for makeup with her was great. I do know people that she made a huge difference for - introducing them to colors that they never even thought they could wear and it really made a difference to how they look.

Clothing I might understand. But makeup? Why take the fun out of doing it yourself? I own about 300 makeup 'items' in most colors, and I loved experimenting to see which ones I look best in. I got help from websites and books, and really enjoyed doing it. Why don't you do the same?

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:42 pm
Some people don't know what colors look good on them and end up purchasing (wasting $) on makeup that looks horrible on them. There's something to be said for getting help from someone that knows what they are talking about.

Maya

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:46 pm
But you can get this help from reading up on colors in books or websites. There are videos of application tips, ideas for mixing colors and all that. I'd rather take the $350 and buy makeup with it.

To each their own. At least the OP is happy with the consultation, and that's most important.

AGINY

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:56 pm
I went to Jessica for clothing and for makeup. It incorporates much more than just the colors you wear. It is the style of the clothes, the texture of the fabrics, shoe styles, hair styles, makeups color and application, perfumes. Some women you see who always look tip top it is because they are wearing clothing and make-up that do the most for them. Everyone thinks they know what looks good on them, but honestly many people dress in ways that don't do the most for their natural beauty.

When I went to Jessica 10 years ago she was $350 for the pallette and $175 for makeup. It was the best investment. I wear and love any clothing I buy, my clothes don't go to waste at the end of a season, I keep them for a long time because I am not concerned with the fashion of the time, more with how the clothing looks on ME.

To flip the argument around a little, I think those women who buy clothing that makes them look drab, tired or just not their best are wasting their money more than the money spent on Jessica. Who needs another black suit that makes your skin look sallow even if black is easy and safe.

I haven't owned a black item of clothing for ten years and there is no looking back!

sleepyhead

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:00 pm
Wow...this is so cool! I wish I had the money to afford going to her!

Maya, do you have names of specific websites and books that you found useful/ enlightening. I would be very interested!

Thanks!

ClaRivka

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:04 pm
I would love to do this but my husband would think it would be the BIGGEST waste of money!

aginy- are you saying that she says black is a no no for everyone? I happen to like black. 95 percent of my clothes are black and they make me feel slim and beautiful. and with the proper makeup I look gorgeous! its actually other colors that I wear that are part of the "main" outfit, like a cardigan, that make me feel washed out.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:08 pm
That's the thing, this person helps people find clothing that flatters their figure without necessarily being black. Most people tend to gravitate towards black clothing because they feel that's the only item that will make them look slender. However, if you know how to dress someone appropriately, you'll be able to put them in colors that look good on them and find cuts that suit their figure.

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:09 pm
Aginy do you have jessica's phone number?

Maya

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:16 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
That's the thing, this person helps people find clothing that flatters their figure without necessarily being black. Most people tend to gravitate towards black clothing because they feel that's the only item that will make them look slender. However, if you know how to dress someone appropriately, you'll be able to put them in colors that look good on them and find cuts that suit their figure.

Hmm, maybe I should consider calling her. My sister-in-law is always telling me to dress smartly now that I"m a bit heavier than I used to be.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:19 pm
I've watched sooo many episodes of "How Do I Look" and I'm always so impressed that they seem to take pounds off of certain people only by putting them in clothing that's cut appropriately for their figure. It really makes a HUGE difference.

I've always wanted to go to a person that will tell me exactly what I should be wearing, and even though I know it's a good investment, I'm afraid of shelling out the $$$.

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:13 pm
I did it and yes sarcastic amother, it did make a big difference in my life. I felt much more confident, stopped WASTING money on clothes that I didn't wear and just sat in my closet making me feel guilty, and all in all I look fantastic. whereas before I was one of those "she could look pretty if..." now I know how to bring out my best.

I carry my palette around with me all the time, it is small and fits in my purse and sometimes I happen to see a tichel or something that catches my eye and just for fun I check it, so now I have a really good understanding of my colors. and I buy only those good ones. now whenever I put on a tichel it is always the perfect color that makes me look (and feel!) relaxed and happy. same thing with clothes, I have VERY FEW clothes, but they are all good.

I ahve SAVED MONEY since I did this. all it takes is a few times not buying that dress, skirt, shoes that really are not ideal and you will never really enjoy, and you have "made" all the money back that you spent on the pallette.

about the black some peole DO look good in black, usually they are winters.

I did not go tto jessica but a new woman. her name is chana leider I think she operates out of california but sometimes she comes to new york. she is very nice and engaging and really takes teh time to explain how to make the best use of the palette, makes sure you understnad how to use it. I think she will not mind if I post her number here - it is 347 415 1728.

chaylizi

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 4:15 pm
Maya wrote:
Hmm, maybe I should consider calling her. My sister-in-law is always telling me to dress smartly now that I"m a bit heavier than I used to be.

wow that's really sweet of her! my mother has a book & and you can basically figure out what "season" you are by yourself. I am apparently a "fall". as for makeup analysis, I walk into the mall every so often & go into nordstroms or macy's. I ask someone at estee lauder or clinique to "do" my colors for me (they are of course, different every time I go) & they try things out & write all my colors on a paper for me, at no cost to me. and then to make them happy I buy a mascara & a lipstick or something. & I knew all by myself not to wear black, it makes me look like a ghost.

heffer569

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 4:29 pm
It depends where u live if u can just go to a dept store and get a free makeover. In places like brooklyn the dept stores dont do that they will give u advice if u ask about a specific product but they r to busy to just do u whole face. on that note I would definitely ask a proffesional about base color and consealer lips can also get tricky eyes r easy just match to what ur wearing. If been doing makeup for many years picking colors is easier than u think. The difficult things are learning how to blend and smokey eyes and that stuff.

AGINY

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 4:55 pm
Jessica's information:
Authentic Images
36 Main St, Hastings On Hudson, NY 10706
Phone: (914) 478-0830
Line of Business:Wardrobe Service Consultant

Black isn't a no no for everybody. Black and white are actually not colors but shades. They usually make someone look fantastic or horrible, they aren't neutrals that you can "get away with". Many people that put on a black suit to feel safe would actually look much prettier in that same suit in brown/purple/green or any COLOR that is on their pallete.

I guess the pallete isn't for everyone although in my mind I can't imagine why not. It is a huge expense at the time but ends up saving tons of time and money. I can walk into a store and with one quick look around tell if it is worth my while to browse or not. My closet consists of fewer clothing that basically can be mixed and matched. I also don't mind investing in an expensive outfit or sweater or skirt once in a while when I know it will last me for years and I won't get sick of it.

sleepyhead

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 5:56 pm
Chaylizi, what's the title of your mother's book? I am interested in these things, but somehow each book in the library says I'm a different color.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics