Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
My Night by Ms. Clarissa
Previous  1  2

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 12:33 pm
RedRuby wrote:
(then again, people would panic if they thought you'd changed somehow)
Panic? Or celebrate? Ms. Clarissa might make me sound more refined. On the other hand, my use of Ms. might make me sound even more like a feminazi, which has been a problem since I read Marina's book.

pinktichel

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 12:35 pm
Clarissa, I just had to let Dh read your post last night. We both had a good laugh.

Thanks for posting!

RedRuby

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 12:40 pm
Feminazi? YOU??

Perish the thought. Never.

I think the "Ms." has that perfect combination of classy and sassy.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 1:08 pm
what's become of you Ms Clarissa - are you running a brothel now ... Twisted Evil

louche

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 1:39 pm
greenfire wrote:
what's become of you Ms Clarissa - are you running a brothel now ... Twisted Evil

Of course not, because then she'd be called Madame Clarissa.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 1:44 pm
If I did such a thing, I would make sure all of my girls wore alluring, food-stained sweats and were couch and computer potatoes. Nothing more desirable than a woman in dirty clothing who barely looks up from the computer to nod hello when her man walks into the room, right? They'd also have sarcastic streaks, because that's what men want. Not that I'd ever do such a thing, as it's wrong on so many levels, halachically, morally, legally, etc. But that's a glimpse into the imaginary Madame Clarissa's House of Mediocre Repute.

louche

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 1:46 pm
Rolling Laughter

Fortunately I had coffee earlier today and the pot is empty.

justanothermother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 2:40 pm
Clarissa wrote:
If I did such a thing, I would make sure all of my girls wore alluring, food-stained sweats and were couch and computer potatoes. Nothing more desirable than a woman in dirty clothing who barely looks up from the computer to nod hello when her man walks into the room, right? They'd also have sarcastic streaks, because that's what men want. Not that I'd ever do such a thing, as it's wrong on so many levels, halachically, morally, legally, etc. But that's a glimpse into the imaginary Madame Clarissa's House of Mediocre Repute.

My babes was almost asleep and you woke him up with my loud snort. Expect to hear from my attorney.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 2:47 pm
justanothermother wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

My babes was almost asleep and you woke him up with my loud snort. Expect to hear from my attorney.

that is weird. the exact same thing happened to me. I put her in bed anyway - if she doesn't go to sleep clarissa will have to sing her lullabies over the phone.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 2:56 pm
Raisin wrote:
if she doesn't go to sleep clarissa will have to sing her lullabies over the phone.
Now that would make my entire family snort up some coffee. You have not heard my voice, and lucky for your baby, neither has she.

justanothermother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 3:38 pm
We have that in common. My DCs first words are "Mommy, don't sing."

Tehilla

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 3:40 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Now that would make my entire family snort up some coffee.

I've actually done that. it's not so pleasant. done it more than once in fact--straight out my nose much to the horror and amusement of those around me...

Clarissa

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 3:40 pm
When my son was little, I sang him this song and he'd tell me that, if I recorded it, I would sell a million copies. My husband would snort and cough loudly at this. I recently reminded my son of this, and he said, "I said some really stupid things as a kid, huh? Or maybe I wanted to make you feel better?"

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 3:57 pm
over an hour and shes still sleeping like a baby. (who made up that one?) So you are off the hook. But your voice could hardly be worse than mine!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 5:56 pm
sorry to take you off topic to the snorting coffee - oink oink ... but back to the spilled coffee on my sweats - can I join ... What

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 7:03 pm
My father is a plumber and has been through many dangerous situations. Please be considerate with what you put into your sink.

marina

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 7:30 pm
Quote:

I think that between Madame Clarissa's House of Mediocre Repute and Marina's Home for Little Feminazis, all the shalom bayis problems on this board will be taken care of. But of course, ask your own LOR.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 7:41 pm
marina ... what's this about your feminazis ... and where can I read ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics