Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cooking for after birth
Previous  1  2

queen

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 2:01 pm
supermom wrote:
wow now I think about it you will be freezing a lot of meals since you are not due for at least another month or so. you will have at least meals cooked for a whole month kol hakavod to you.

well..... I'm really only making one (maybe two) extra things for the freezer a week..... so don't get toooo excited here!!!!

On Friday I bought small aluminum pans with lids to prepare "suppers for two" for the freezer. (until now, I've just used 9X13, square or round pans.)

Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of suppers I can make now and freeze?????

hisorerus

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 6:03 pm
I made shepherd's pie- that was great!

Other classics are lasagna (cheese or meat), meatballs or sauce, shnitzel...

stem

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 7:54 pm
Buy fresh chicken pieces (not frozen), clean them, set them up in 9x13 pans with spices or sauce. Freeze. When you're ready to use it, just take out the pan and pop it in the oven (or defrost first in the fridge).

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 9:00 pm
Today I made eggplant lasagna (a cross between eggplant parmesian and lasagna). I made a 9x13 for tonight's supper (and hopefully tomorrow's) and a round container to freeze. It should freeze well (I hope). I may use it BEFORE baby, as I work and sometimes could use the break.
Btw, how long do you think these meals are good in the freezer for? I still have over 3 months to go, so I'm wondering if I can start to freeze here and there yet.

queen

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 9:38 pm
stem, thanks for your chicken idea.....

aside from chix and rice, shnitzel, meatballs, lasagnas, shepards pies and soups..... what else can we make ahead for dinners and freeze?

baby's mom

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 10:11 pm
Do u eat beans? (I'm not a big fan Confused ) Those freeze well.

raizy

Post Sat, Oct 08 2005, 8:49 pm
quenn I cant believe that u have the time and energy to cook and freeze extra food. I did that for rosh hashana I had everything frozen we just put everything in a cooler and shelped it all to ny it stayed frozen all the way.

but what is so hard in cooking for two pple?fresh
vs 6 pple regalar two pple is a joke for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen