Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do I quit?

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 4:15 pm
lol, here we go again!

I had a job that I took off many days of work bc I was in the hospital, etc. They fired me. She was crying bc she loves me so much and she really wanted it to work out but if I dont go to work then she cant go to work so it just wasnt working out. I dont blame her at all. I expected it, even. I looked all over for a job and finally I saw hashgacha. I had called up a friend of mine to clarify something for me about a completely different subject and then we were shmoozing and she asked abt my job. I told her I was looking for a new one and she said that she found an amazing perfect job on Luach.com. I went to check it out and I sent them my resume. I waited and meanwhile the woman who hired me told me that she cant live without me and she wants me to continue working for them l'olam va'ed. She cant stand the idea of having a [gentile] or someone not frum to raise her children while shes not there. I told her that I sent my resume to another offer and I was waiting to hear back from them. And that I needed to talk it over with my husband.
This was Thursday night. Friday morning I went to work and she was expecting a yes or now abt the future and I told her I didnt know yet cuz I hadnt talked it over with my husband first. (Some of you may recall my rant in the chatroom abt my husband not coming home that night from work til 10 pm.)
Now everyday she looks at me expectantly but I still dont know. I mean, the company got back to me and we had a phone interview and all that and it sounds mamash perfect, like the job I've been waiting for...but they want me to start TOMORROW. and this woman wanted me to stay until around june 20th. I told them I cud start the following monday after I finish this job but they said that was no good, they needed someone now. and that I shud call back in two weeks and see if the job is still available. I got worried- I dont want to miss an opportunity like this! she said dont be worried, the job would prob still be here, but really thats not good enough for me. I need to know. and I need to tell this woman an answer....!!!!
So now im pretty sure im just going to tell her that im not coming in anymore but shes like the sweetest woman ever and when she fired me she was literally crying and giving me brachos! I feel so mean! She was like begging me to come back!!
What should I do???????????

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 4:50 pm
If the new job is perfect for you, go for it. I think that she could have been more compassionate and more lenient when you were in the hospital... If she would have had a good alternative option instead of you, fine.. but becasue she couldnt find somebody good enough to replace you, she's begging you to come back.. What if ch"v something else occurs and you can't come in for a couple of days. Now, after someone not working out she regrets her decision.

I know I'm probably saying this bec. I dont know this woman, and you care for her, so you feel bad.. But think of yourself first.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 5:01 pm
lol, Raisin has already solved my problems in chat!

but thanks for posting amother!

and yes, I know my posts are always unclear! im soryr!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics