Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Baking tips and Fluffier cakes without separating

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 03 2005, 12:28 pm
What the they won't tell u Tongue Out

Modify recipes for cakes from cookbooks unless it's pound ones, or ones supposed to be heavy like cookies etc but most r not.
I've tried, tested and succeeded and now sharing w/h u Smile

When they tell u 4-6 eggs for a 9x13inch pan mark my words 3 is enough Exclamation
and when they tell you 1 cup of oil mark my words 1/2 is enough Exclamation

You will get an idea how u'r cake comes out by how thick batter is.
If you have followed recipe to a tea and the cake batter is thick add more liquid I.e. juice, coffee or soya milk.

Don't believe me well try once a duncan hines cake mix once thats all I ever tried it.
and see how much eggs and oil they ask for and how liquidy batter is. And it's the fluffiest cake till I learnt this... and now mine is in competition w/h them ..... acc to my husband Very Happy

Also forget about cookie sheets for cookies, challah, rugalach use u'r oven racks tin foiled and u will get alot more done Exclamation
Top rack for cakes, challah and cookies is the best imo
And no need to grease, flour, or wax if you use tin foil it should slip right out.
Not sure if it's fully done even if toothpick/knife comes out clean turn oven off and leave for an extra 5-10min u see oven will still bake since it's hot for atleast 15min

More tips anyone u see I need to know what happens once I've overcooked pasta is it really too late Sad and has to be chucked b/c it's soggy embarrassed embarrassed
Or could I recycle and make into something else Confused

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Oct 05 2005, 8:13 pm
freilich wrote:
overcooked pasta is it really too late Sad and has to be chucked b/c it's soggy embarrassed embarrassed

me too I do this all the time. so I just give it to my sons who are 1 and 2. Since they are young they like it mushy. I keep it in the fridge for snacks and they like it. I put a little ketchup on it for lunch. Or with fried egg for breakfast.

Tefila

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 12:00 am
Thanks Very Happy
So in the end I chucked on lots of melted cheese and gave to my babies 1yr... they loved it shock poor babies if only they knew what they really were eating Rolling Eyes

lucky

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 8:47 am
freilich, I don't get it. Will less eggs and oil make my cakes more fluffy?
and also, I use parchment paper instead of foil, the cookies are not so browned since the foil reflects heat and browns the bottom of baked stuff.

This erev yom tov my tried and true brownie cake flopped. I still can't think of anything I did wrong for it to happen.

cindy324

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 12:53 pm
freilich , using foil covered oven racks instead od cookie sheets is PURE GENIOUS! I can't believe I never thought of it. No more spendind money on cookie sheets! Also I've started adding more juice to my marble cake recipe, and it comes out much better.

Tefila

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 3:35 pm
Quote:
Will less eggs and oil make my cakes more fluffy?

100% tried it and it works and my honey cake was delicious b/c of that Very Happy

RivkaS

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 9:02 am
freilich wrote:
More tips anyone u see I need to know what happens once I've overcooked pasta is it really too late Sad and has to be chucked b/c it's soggy embarrassed embarrassed

Noodle-kugel or fried Noodles with onions and eggs, pepper and salt as a simple lunch.
Bon appetit Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen