Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Amazing story about answering "Amen"

MrsLeo

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 9:51 am
A woman nebech was niftar and left a house filled w yesoimim. The father as a zechus to the mothers neshume decided that the kids in the house - the yesoimim - should never say a beracha w out someone answering amen. One day , a daughter was home alone, poured herself a drink and then realized that nobody is home to answer amen. She poured back the drink and waited 2 hrs for a family member to come home. She then said a bracha and drank.

That night the mother came to her in a dream and told her daughter that her restraint of not drinking w out an amen being answered caused a ra'ash in shamayim. And that a girl in her class who has been diagnosed w a terminal illness will now be cured.

The girl awoke and shared her dream w her father. The father then goes to the diagnosed girls father and asks if his daughter is ill. The father shockingly asks how do you know this? Nobody knows. He tells the father the dream. the father says that his daughter is to begin chemo today. The father of the ill child runs to his rebbe who says do not start chemo - go for test again and they go and all is bh fine.

This story has been verified by rav yaakov meir schechter. Amazing.

muss

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 10:09 am
that's amazing, I guess we should never underestimate the power of a mitzvah.

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 10:17 am
great story

Esther23

Post Wed, Mar 12 2008, 7:48 pm
wow, thanks for sharing. It really is amazing the power of amen. I highly recommend the book "Just one word - Amen", it's full of such amazing stories.

Motek

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 10:14 am
Who did you hear the story from Mrs.Leo?

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 11:56 am
shock

I would like to know where you heard the story as well!

Tehilla

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 11:58 am
so beautiful. what a story. thanks for sharing.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 12:52 pm
Wow! Incredible.

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Mar 13 2008, 3:10 pm
Motek wrote:
Who did you hear the story from Mrs.Leo?

I friend sent it to me in an email.

louche

Post Fri, Mar 14 2008, 9:11 am
MrsLeo wrote:
should never say a beracha w out someone answering amen. One day , a daughter was home alone, poured herself a drink ...waited 2 hrs for a family member to come home.

Lovely story, but...never? what if she were home alone and it thundered and lightninged? or if she had to use the washroom? she'd wait 2 hours for someone to come home so she could say asher yatzar with an amen?

julia

Post Sat, Mar 15 2008, 9:51 pm
think the point of the story is that she did something within reason ( waiting to drink) and there was a reward for her. Not dangerous just mindful. There are little acts that have good impact.
Awareness is always the first step. Powerful story!

Motek

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 4:10 pm
Nachman Seltzer tells that story in Hamodia issue 509 and Chossidmom says his stories are true and you can ask her for his email address!

In his version, the father and daughter go to a well-known gadol who tells them to go and verify her dream with her friend. They do so and then the rav tells them it's a mitzva to publicize the story.

It's one thing to conceal the girl's name for her privacy, but I wish we can know the name of the rabbi.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 5:54 pm
I heard this story from a true source. I learnt to try to get someone to say amen to my brochos. My toddler answers amen to my brochos during davening in the morning. I used to give a treat for my ds when he answered amen to all the brochos-it made him happy to say it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics