Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
First came the lice. Then came the mice. What's next?
1  2  Next

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 10:16 am
Frogs? My cattle will get sick? Hail?

We rid ourselves of the lice (we hope) and then we had a mouse. Nothing new in this apartment, but we haven't had any for a while. Last night we caught one and set it free -- that's what we do. I bleached the entire kitchen and went to sleep thinking "job well done." Turns out, like Lee Harvey Oswald, he very well might not have acted alone. This morning I heard my husband shriek. He saw one in our bedroom. My son saw one in the living room. Don't know if it's the same one, as they don't leave little tiny calling cards. Correction: one did run around on my newly bleached kitchen and left lots of little tiny calling cards. So now I'm setting more traps, cleaning up more droppings and saying some bad words that shouldn't be heard by small children or mice.

Happy Sunday!

red sea

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 11:30 am
Maybe a cat comes next?

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 11:31 am
Can't do it, but thanks. Hey, just thought of something -- my two year old thinks he's a cat. Maybe I should have him crawl around, meowing.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 12:06 pm
Quote:
Can't do it, but thanks.

Why on earht not when there is a will there is a way ya know Tongue Out

justanothermother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:09 pm
What comes next....

unneeded advice
rancid rice
escalating gas price

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:13 pm
Tefila wrote:
Quote:
Can't do it, but thanks.

Why on earht not when there is a will there is a way ya know Tongue Out

I'll tell you, but you can't make fun of me. I can't own a pet of any kind because I get totally emotionally attached. This means when the inevitable comes (illness, death), I'm so broken-hearted I can't take it. You should have seen me when my cat died, or my son's fish or, when I was a kid, my pet moth. Let me tell you, getting attached to a moth is just setting yourself up for a broken heart.

No way to another cat. I could get a pet that I was sure would live a long, long time. Like a Giant Tortoise. They live 152 years. Or a Turkey Buzzard, which can make it to 118. I wonder if either would help with the mouse problem.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:17 pm
justanothermother wrote:
What comes next....

unneeded advice
rancid rice
escalating gas price

Maybe I should watch for my husband to develop an inappropriate vice?
Or I could freeze from an onslaught of ice?
A cold pizza slice?
On this board, some might be frightened of contraceptive device?

red sea

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:18 pm
Quote:
Like a Giant Tortoise. They live 152 years. Or a Turkey Buzzard, which can make it to 118. I wonder if either would help with the mouse problem.

Rolling Laughter
I so get you

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 1:19 pm
Clarissa, this is soooooo.... yesterday. Call us when you have blood coming out of the faucet or crickets in the living room.

GetReal

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 2:13 pm
Maybe something really nice? Think positive! (It even rhymes!)

We had a mouse in our apt recently, and now I live in a war zone! So I'm offering my empathy!

madys

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 4:08 pm
Clarissa, maybe it's the same mouse that you let go?

I once heard a story, this guy was living in an appt, and he kept catching and releasing mice - then one day, before releasing it, he took white out, and put a mark on it, then let it go - and what do you know, the same mouse showed up in his appt again!!!!

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 4:25 pm
madys wrote:
Clarissa, maybe it's the same mouse that you let go?

I once heard a story, this guy was living in an appt, and he kept catching and releasing mice - then one day, before releasing it, he took white out, and put a mark on it, then let it go - and what do you know, the same mouse showed up in his appt again!!!!
We have considered that, although now we let them go far enough away from our apartment, that we figure they wouldn't bother making the trip. Also, we let them out near much nicer buildings, giving them the chance to upgrade their apartment situation.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 6:05 pm
upgrade their apt ... Nervous shock

anyways maybe you can put out some non-irradiated cayenne pepper and it'll either chase them away or make them mice start singing
"Ay, ay, ay, ay. canta y no llores. porque cantando se alegran, cielito lindo. los corazones. ..." Music

oh and since it's july and beach season I would say be careful for crabs ... Twisted Evil

leomom

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:14 pm
I vote for "nice" (comes next alphabetically) --

lice
mice
nice

Now if the mice had lice, you'd really have a unique plague...

leomom

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:16 pm
There once was a lady with lice
Who shrieked when she noticed some mice
She picked up a nit
With an old oven mitt
And shared the lice with the mice to be nice

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:23 pm
I love limericks! And one about my disgusting life just makes it seem so much more pleasant. Still disgusting, but pleasantly so.

Update: I found a hole under the radiator in my bedroom. It might not be the only hole, but it was a significant one, so I plugged it up with industrial steel wool. The scene under the radiator cover was not pretty. Nobody had cleaned down there ever. It was a world of ancient radiator pipes, very creepy thick dust and little pieces of garbage and toys. It looked like some post-nuclear wasteland. I decided to clean it up, figuring it hadn't been done since the building was built (1902) or, at least, not in the last 25 years. That was a fun job. I wish somebody would come over now and vacuum and mop my eye sockets and nostrils.

leomom

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:51 pm
I think you should vacuum your nostrils and mop your eye sockets, since the other way around sounds kind of dangerous.

Kmommy18

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 11:57 am
Ok so a lot of these posts made me lol... thanks!
But on to the real problem: if you seriously need help getting rid of the mice, get a picture of Reb Yeshayala Kerestier and hang it up in the room(s) where you saw mice, and they will all go away. I promise it works! I did it and so did a bunch of my neighbors and all the mice disappeared!
http://www.geocities.com/itzik18/RYP.html
(There was a much more detailed article on Wikipedia but I can't seem to find it)
Good luck!

Oh and hopefully the next thing you get plagued with is "ice" and by ice I mean diamonds LOL

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 12:10 pm
After the mice comes all the advice on how to rid your house (hice) of the not so nice mice that came after the lice. I think that should suffice...

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 1:32 pm
then have a beer - cold as ice Drunken Smile

to forget about all the creatures of a particular vice ... What
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics