Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Proudflesh on belly button

amother

Post Sat, Jul 05 2008, 9:37 pm
has anyone had experience with this on their baby's belly button after the cord falls off? what did you do for it.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Jul 05 2008, 9:45 pm
I know ds's had some skin that wouldn't fall off...the dr. "burned" it off with something...(he felt nothing, trust me) and then it fell off a little later.

amother

Post Sat, Jul 05 2008, 10:05 pm
didn't know it was called that, but ds had a bit of something too and the dr. cauterized it in the office - and no, it didn't hurt - you could tell by the way he was kvetching and then tok his paci.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 2:05 am
OP here,
yes I was told the ped might have to put nitrate, (or was that nitrite?) on to burn it off, and the thought scares me Shaking

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 9:14 am
My baby had it too. Like the others said the Dr. burned it off with silver nitrate. With a q-tip-like thing, he just touched it for a few seconds. Was no big deal, although my baby needed a second treatment a week or 2 later.

chany1

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 5:49 pm
mazel tov!!1
How old is baby?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2008, 8:25 pm
thanks,
4 weeks bl"h
I'll be seeing the gp again and he probably will end up sending me to the ped.
My ped is the type to not interfere if not necessary so that makes me feel better.

micki

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 6:53 am
we needed that done. it doesn't hurt and is really not a big deal. interesting you needed a second treatment, I think we also may need one. the silver color doesn't come off - its a circle around the belly button, and it wasn't there before. but it is still oozing.

cdawnr

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 7:05 am
dd's belly button" opened up (yuck) and the ped cauterized it with the silver stuff.

It comes off--eventually. It takes a long time for discolorization to go away.

Zeeskeit

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 9:04 am
My dd also had stub for a long time....had to go back a number of times to ped.....she still has an "outy" belly button....

All that time until it came off the dr said no baths - only sponge bath - I'm convinced that for the first 1/2 yr of her life dd HATED the bath b/c wasn't used to it from early on.... LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics