Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Interesting article

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 10:50 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3079221/

shayna82

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 11:12 am
sad but true in so many cases. it pays to work for a company that would give a severance package, just so they can have some more money saved up. maybe she should have found a job... who knows. its hard.

dillie

Post Tue, Jul 15 2008, 11:15 am
that is one scary article.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 6:13 am
What I don't understand is if the review is saying not to have children, or if you have them - not to rely on the mother to be bringing in a wage?

ora_43

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 8:21 am
It's an interesting premise, and I hadn't thought of the downsides to learning to rely on two incomes. On the other hand, I don't think it's so easy for most stay-at-home moms to reenter the workforce and fully support their families. Even those who make sure to keep their skills up to date usually have a gap in their resumes. And many SAHMs don't keep their skills up to date. I know many in Israel who don't even speak Hebrew (immigrants, of course).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics