Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bahamas- kosher food

Mir000

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 2:22 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know how to obtain kosher food when staying at the Bahamas, specifically the Atlantis? It will be 3 days during the week. Thanks.

el2cg

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 2:24 pm
they only way is to shlep food...and ur not allowed to bring in raw meat or produce...when I went they opened my ice box, and saw all the food...she let it pass cuz I explained to her for religious reasons.... if u take food, pack it in a suitcase/ duffle bag

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 2:26 pm
search bahamas and kasher/kosher?

redhot

Post Thu, Jan 31 2008, 7:12 pm
when I went to atlantis 6 yrs ago there ws no kosher food anywhere on the island!! We could barely get fruits or vegetables! We went to shoprite the night before our trip and stocked up on entemanns (sp?), cereal, granola bars, snacks, tuna, mayo, bread, etc. We also brought with us frozen dinnersfrom a restaurant that were double wrapped. We gave them in to the hotel and they heated them for us and brought it up too our room when we asked for it. It stayed in the double wrappings and we were told it was fine to do that. (we had asked in advance for dinner to be served at a set time. we paid for this service but I dont remember it being a lot)
Breakfast and lunch we just ate from the foods we had brought with us.

Enjoy this trip! I absolutely loved Atlantis and the bahamas

dewyt

Post Wed, Jul 23 2008, 9:29 pm
I think things have changed a bit in the Bahamas, I am also going now to stay in the Atlantis and you can actually order kosher meals there (but like $40 each) or you can bring your own meals and they warm it for you for $15 each.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics