Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Seattle

trafficgal

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 9:29 am
We are going to Seattle the end of the month and I was hoping ppl could give us some tips, nice things to do, eat, acsessability of kosher food etc.

mamacita

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 3:39 pm
How long will you be there? I was there on a trip once and here are some things we enjoyed:

Duck tours - bus that also goes in the water, very fun and different. Shows different sights including some movie/TV locations (houseboat from sleepless in seattle) http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

Space needle - bit pricey but great view

EMP - Experience music project - museum of music, great for music lovers, exhibits of different genres with trivia stuff, collectibles, etc, area where you can learn to play different musical instruments

The art museum was also nice. It's near-ish the market and I think buses into the downtown area are free.

Ferryboat ride - beautiful scenery

Pike's Place Market - reminds me of the shuk here, fresh fruits n veg, fish, flowers, all kinds of things.

I was told the underground tour is fun, but we didn't have time to do it.

For jewish stuff here is a good resource: http://www.seattlevaad.org/

DewDrop

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:09 pm
I grew up in Seattle.

Longish drives which are amazing sites are:
1. Snowquami falls (45 minutes from Seattle near the cascade mountains. Breaktaking waterfall, easy hike down to the bottom of the falls. You take I-90 E follow signs. You can get more details online or from information ceneters in Seattle.

2. Crystal mountain about 1 15-30 minutes away. No snow on the mountain this time of year but you can take the ski lifts up to to top where you have a view of Mount Rainer. It feels so close and is breathtakingly magnificent. worth the drive! Great place to picnic. Again I don't know directions since My parents where doing the driving.

Within Seattle:
1. Space needle. There is also the children's museum and science center right there on the same ground plus an amusement.

2. Ferry boat ride. Call information to get the numbers to the different lines that run.

3. Boat rental for the day is also a lot of fun. This time of year the lake washington is warm and there are a lot of water sports happening. You can also ride around for fun and see Bill Gates house which is right on the lake.

Kosher:
Here is a link to the seattle vaad you can find all the kosher info there
http://www.seattlevaad.org/

Have fun!

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 6:13 pm
Take a tour of the Boeing factory (see here). It's pretty cool to see how airplanes are made.

Pick up some Cougar Mountain cookies. Yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics