Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Mohel

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 2:33 pm
I'm due in about a month and if we have a boy, DH wants a mohel that will let him do the actual bris on his own. I know my BIL had one but he was in far Rockaway and we want s/o close by if the baby needs 2 b checked he cld come right away.

So my question is, does anyone know or have experience w/ a mohel in the flatbush/BP area that will prep e/t for the bris but let DH do the actual cutting?

simi_w

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 7:33 am
most mohels will let the dad do a part of the bris heard abut lots of fathers doing it. the mohel preps it and puts a clemp on and the dad just cuts it and the mohel dose the rest of the bris the hard part dose ur hubby want to do the whole bris??? I dont think mohls wil let him he needs to b an expert too do it anyway good lock with evrything.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 7:36 am
I've never heard of fathers doing anything! cutting the cord yeah, almost all do nowadays, but not cutting anything else!

simi_w

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 8:00 am
thay do becus its the fathers mitzveh to do it more then 1 of my dh friends did part of the bris ofcorse with a mohel showing them how and what to do and the mohel takes over rite after the first cut is made ao dh tells me

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 10:01 pm
DH doesnt want to do the whole thing - just the actual cutting, like the 2nd poster said. So anyone know of a mohel that will allow that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries