Home

Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Rivky

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:18 pm       Post subject: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
How do you wash your tight/stockings/pantyhose so that they don't come out a tangled mess? I just spend 15 minutes (no kidding) untangling my load that came out of the washing machine!!!!! Any good ideas for me???
Thanks so much

yo'ma

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:19 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
mesh bag?

Rivky

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:21 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
Why do I think that in a mesh bag it just doesnt get washed the same like it does when washed loose? Am I wrong?

yo'ma

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 7:56 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
then do 1 pair at a time in a bag or you could always wash it by hand Wink

Pineapple

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 9:00 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
I find it washes fine in the mesh bag

SingALong

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 9:06 pm       Post subject:
I only wash tights/stockings by hand. they run so easily so I dont want to risk that will happen in the machine. they also get terribly tangled

Tehilla

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 9:34 pm       Post subject:
well I don't have so many pairs...so usually I take a pair or two into the shower with me and wash & hang.

Lady Godiva

Post Posted: Mon, Aug 11 2008, 9:37 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
I use the hand wash cycle for all my delicates. It's a lifesaver, thank God!!

amother

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:47 am       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
by hand with woolite or shampoo

Rivky

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:54 am       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
U wash tights w/ shampoo?? You live and you learn!!

Ima'la

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:05 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
Could be you're right that they don't get cleaned as well in a mesh bag. Ya gotta choose. Mesh bag or untangling.

Rivky

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:07 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
Now what do we choose??? Scratching Head What

supermommy

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:16 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
I hand wash. quicker and easier than detangling and then risking some runs.

Rivky

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:18 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
For those of you who hand wash-how do you do it?

Fabulous

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:29 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
IMO they do get cleaned in the mesh bag, it just doesn't get out stains. For instance, I usually stain my pantyhose with the color of the inside of my shoe because of sweat. The tights come out clean and smelling great when I hang them to dry, just those stains don't come out because I wash on a low temp on delicate. so I am just careful to wear them in the same spot as the last time so the color is on bottom, but it is clean.

pinkbubbles

Post Posted: Tue, Aug 12 2008, 6:13 pm       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
Mine almost never tangle when I use the delicate cycle on my machine What

Ima'la

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 15 2008, 7:52 am       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
Well, there you go, Rivky. Send them to pinkbubbles to wash in her machine, and you'll have the best of both worlds!

zufriedene

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 15 2008, 8:44 am       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
even easier , just stand on them in the shower and they'll come out smelling like your favorite shampoo and never tangle, just line dry over the shower rack.

Rivky

Post Posted: Fri, Aug 15 2008, 10:17 am       Post subject: re: Tights/Stocking/Pantyhose HELP!!!
OK, pinkbubbles. I might take Ima'la up on her offer-that is of course if you dont mind!!!!!
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Page 1 of 1