Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Neshama coming down to this world

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:35 am
My question is, its says in the hoyom yom today that it is a priviledge for the neshama to come down to this world. I thought the neshama doesnt want to be down here because it is better off in shomayim? So how is that a priveledge? Please explain this to me.

Hayom Yom For today

The soul above awaits the time it will be privileged to descend into a body. For the soul senses how much it can accomplish here below; (1) it can attain the level of "delighting with G-d."

So what is everyone waiting for? (2)

Footnotes: 1. In this physical world.
2. Why the procrastination in betaking ourselves to
our Avoda - when our souls waited impatiently just
for this very chance!

supermom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 12:21 pm
you have your answer right in the hayom yom that you have posted the neshama only way to connect to Hashem is through torah and mitzvos so it happens to be a priveldge to come down to this world to connect in a more spiritual way.

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 12:33 pm
not the only way, but in a much higher way Smile

mnt

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 1:22 pm
thank you for sharing this idea. I'm enjoying the feeling that my neshama is working with me...we're here to grow and become closer to Hashem and at times that this goal seems too difficult we have our neshama yearning to help us.

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 1:45 pm
So then why does the neshama like to be up in shemayim and when it is time for it to come down it doesnt want to?

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 1:53 pm
there's a song by Abie Rotenberg called "Neshamale" which is exactly what you're asking about proudmom Smile

on the one hand, the neshama has it good up there, right next to Hashem's Kisei Ha'Kavod

on the other hand, it has no opportunity to go further

versus:

on the one hand the neshama has it terrible down here, with a person's sins and the body obscuring it

on the other hand, the neshama within a body gets to do mitzvos and that elevates it

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 2:45 pm
in short both ways has its pros and cons. So which one is better?

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 2:53 pm
seems the neshama coming down is better because that is what Hashem chose for us! Smile

proudmom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:01 pm
Another question, there are neshomos that come back down to this world only if they didnt fulfill their mission, but we dont know which neshamos do come back. Here is my question. For example after a person passes away the family members do mitzvos on their behalf for an aliyas neshama. That persons neshama might come back to this world if he didnt finish his mission. So how do we know if we should continue doing things on his behalf for an aliyas neshama or should we stop?

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 5:34 pm
Quote:
So how do we know if we should continue doing things on his behalf for an aliyas neshama or should we stop?

Continue since then what do we have to lose if anything we just gain

Motek

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 12:52 pm
if the person comes back to this world, he/she comes back as a different person, a gilgul (reincarnation), but the person who passed away is still Up There and every mitzva you do, especially every mitzva that THEIR CHILD does, is a BIG ZECHUS for them and they have much nachas when their children go in the way of Hashem

proudmom

Post Sun, Nov 20 2005, 7:57 pm
you are doing it for the neshama to be elevated
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics