Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Got your Goat?
Previous  1  2

What is your favorite meat for RH?
beef, go with a standard  
 39%  [ 18 ]
lamb, more flavor than beef  
 8%  [ 4 ]
Chicken, cheaper and healthier  
 23%  [ 11 ]
Turkey, feeds a lot of people at a resonable price, very versitile  
 6%  [ 3 ]
Buffalo, healthier than beef and still a red meat  
 0%  [ 0 ]
goat, leaner than lamb but still really flavorful (or so I hear)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
other, please specify  
 10%  [ 5 ]
All of the above, it's meat after all  
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 46

mamacita

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 10:59 am
Am I the only one too distracted by the choices to pick one? I just kept salivating and thinking, yum meat!

I've had all of the choice and I say 4 legs are better than two. I mean seriously chicken and turkey are in different league and can't compete!

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 11:02 am
save the goat ...

now how do you propose to catch a deer dear ?!?!?!

I think I'm going to veg ... like the dds ...

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 11:19 am
greenfire wrote:
now how do you propose to catch a deer dear ?!?!?!
When I used to drive home during college for Thanksgiving, it was right at the peak of hunting season. You'd pass all these cars with deer strapped to the roof racks. It was so sad, seeing those beautiful animals up there. I had a college friend who once accidentally hit a deer with his car and had a butcher cut him up for meat. I didn't partake, but I heard it was a really tough old deer. Bambi apparently tastes better.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 11:24 am
well while deer are kosher - only so if they are shechted correct and in order to do so one must catch them unharmed ...

but yeah I would cry ... roadkill ... Puke (although true confession I have a bit of a hunter in me - save a fly and shoot a deer) Shooting Arrow

Starhavah

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 11:36 am
Fox wrote:
Can Romanian special order it from Aurora or elsewhere?

Romanian is the butcher shop I was taking about. I get all of my meat there.

They said that they can't special order it, none of the slaughterhouses they deal with do goat, the guy behind the counter said he is never even seen it.

Although they employ a shochet they do not have a place that he can shect animals on the premise and I think that Mayor Daley would not take kindly to us privately hiring the shocet and going to a forest preserve to schect it. LOL

Star Havah

Starhavah

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 11:51 am
Someone must know someone who works on a kosher goat milk/cheese farm. What do they do with all of the boy goats if not schect them?

Star Havah

Fox

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 1:04 pm
Starhavah wrote:
I think that Mayor Daley would not take kindly to us privately hiring the shocet and going to a forest preserve to schect it. LOL

Are you kidding?! Get Alderman Stone to request some kind of special "shechting an animal on private property for educational purposes" permit. Mayor Daley will probably show up with a couple of news crews, a moonwalk, and the Jesse White tumblers in tow to wish everyone a happy holiday, personally kiss the goat goodbye, and give a speech about the great melting pot of diversity that Chicago embodies.

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 1:07 pm
Starhavah wrote:
Someone must know someone who works on a kosher goat milk/cheese farm. What do they do with all of the boy goats if not schect them?

Star Havah

I doubt there is a wholely kosher goat milk farm. If there is they probably sell the males (to halal butchers?)

Starhavah

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 1:15 pm
Fox wrote:
Starhavah wrote:
I think that Mayor Daley would not take kindly to us privately hiring the shocet and going to a forest preserve to schect it. LOL

Are you kidding?! Get Alderman Stone to request some kind of special "shechting an animal on private property for educational purposes" permit. Mayor Daley will probably show up with a couple of news crews, a moonwalk, and the Jesse White tumblers in tow to wish everyone a happy holiday, personally kiss the goat goodbye, and give a speech about the great melting pot of diversity that Chicago embodies.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Gotta love living in Chicago!

Thanks for the smile,

Havah

Tamiri

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 2:37 pm
Listen. I will get you a goat if you get me some Romanian chopped liver and cold cuts - any type works. I am salivating rivers just at the mention of the name ROMANIAN. It's been 8 years since I tasted their offerings.
Deal?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics