Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
For those who have kids in EY now, will they come home....

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:07 am
after the Elul zman? I've been pricing out tickets and they are a fortune. I wasn't expecting the crazy prices on tickets. Now I'm not sure what to do! Sad

Marion

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:23 am
Why would they go home after Elul zman? There's still learning during the chagim (not on yom tov, obviously), and a lot of the social stuff goes on over chol hamoed. Lots of people willing to have guests. What's the big rush for them to come home after Elul?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:31 am
My sons yeshiva is off for almost a month. From what I understand the boys come home. This is my sons first year away, and he/we were intending for him to come home. It's just so exspensive now. I was wondering what others do.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:57 am
amother wrote:
My sons yeshiva is off for almost a month. From what I understand the boys come home. This is my sons first year away, and he/we were intending for him to come home. It's just so exspensive now. I was wondering what others do.

Did he stay over the entire summer from the previous year?

I think my dh said he went home one year like that, but it was his second year and he had stayed the entire summer.

If he just got there, I think it's ridiculous. It's also very important for them to be yeshiva for Rosh Hashana and Yom Kipppur.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 2:06 am
Yes he just got there. And no he wasn't there for the summer. He will be there for RH, but then they come home.

I don't want to be slammed for revealing this. But, he's only 13 and it's his first year away from home. He was expecting to come home....now I'm not sure what I'll do. If he doesn't come home it won't be for 6 months. For his first time away...I don't know.

Marion

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 2:51 am
OK, see, you also didn't tell us it was Yeshiva Tichonit, which is a huge difference. I was assuming we were talking post high school here, where the yeshivot are NOT off!

Do you have any family here he could be with during that time? The yeshivas charge an arm and a leg and with airfare being what it is...I might be tempted to save that money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children