Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Sugar free and white flour free recipes

INSPIREME

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 9:07 pm
Any ideas anybody - I am trying this new diet - I am so desperate. I need good recipe ideas for all types of food with no sugar and no white flour. Also, are there any good ready made foods to buy with these requirements?

Thanks,

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 9:18 pm
I tried ChossidMom's lowfat oatmeal cookies with Splenda and whole grain spelt flour. They were pretty good. I cheated a bit by mixing in some chocolate chips, though.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:33 am
I use King Arthur white whole wheat flour for all cake recipes. I also use half splenda instead of the entire amount of sugar - I don't think cakes taste very good when you replace the entire amount of sugar for splenda. And I use applesauce instead of oil.

sho770

Post Fri, Sep 05 2008, 4:51 am
My mother used to bake an apple or cherry pie with (organic) whole-wheat flour and (organic) honey instead of sugar.
She also used soja milk instead of milk or butter as usually recommended in recipies, since se always cooked or baked parve (except for gratins).

You put sliced apples or cherries on the bottom of the cake - form, and uniformly pour over it the semi-liquid pasta-sauce made of flour, en egg or two (depending on the quantity), honey, a leaving agent and soya milk. It´s easier to mix it real good by using a mixer.

I think it should bake in the oven for half an hour, but it could be longer, you have to try to stick a fork in it and it should bake till nothing liquid´s still sticking on the fork.

Fruit compote is also very good: cooked apples and pears or peaches or prunes, you name it, you make it! I tried cooked sliced apples with dried raisins, in just a litlle water, and the raisins give their sweet taste over.

What´s also nice is: whole (peeled?) apples from which you take out the middle part, and you stick dried raisins in it. Bake in the oven - I´m not sure how long.
And when you serve it warm, you can add coconut sprinkles (sorry, I don´t know how to name that in english) on it. Miam!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise