Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Changing a babys diaper

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 3:06 am
I ust want to know what u ladies would do? I went out with a friend of mine her baby is 6months she had a dirty diaper.
so I told her that I didn't tie her inthe carseat because I thought u wanted to change her diaper so she answerd me that she will wait till she gets home. that poor kid was in a dirty diaper for a good hour till she got home we made some stops.her excuse was that its not nice to change it on the street I told her to change it in my car.or to go in to the store they had a changing table . she was so upset at me she didnt want to talk to me all the way home. was I wrong for saying something how caould somebody do such a thing?

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 3:08 am
I've changed diapers in cars, strollers indoors/outdoors, in car seats, in public restrooms, you name it. a wet diaper might wait, but dirty I won't leave the kid in.

goodheart

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 3:17 am
Uch thats discusting to let the baby in a dirty diaper
why would she want to do that? did the baby have a rash? is she a clean person?
poor baby tell her to worrry about the baby first then about whats nice or not.

Zus

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 3:44 am
Always be careful when 'challenging' someone else's ways to handles their kids. I'd not speak up unless it's actually dangerous for the kid.

drumjj

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 3:57 am
I must say I agree with zus we went away with some friends and the way her kids were I was dying to say something but u cant comment on how other ppl bring up their children unless u want to alienate ur friends forever. although I do agree the poor baby but its hard to comment on other ppls parenting

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 4:01 am
There are worse things than leaving a baby in a dirty diaper. Once the mother said "leave it", it was no longer your business to say anything.
You never know: maybe she has to "save" on diapers. Maybe she really is so modest as to not want to change her baby's diaper in public. Maybe the baby has a deformity that she doesn't want to expose.
You never know.

greentiger

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 4:10 am
Zus wrote:
Always be careful when 'challenging' someone else's ways to handles their kids. I'd not speak up unless it's actually dangerous for the kid.

Thumbs Up

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 4:33 am
I took my toddler out with me shopping. While in the supermarket, he started to stink... Needless to say I changed his diaper ASAP.

Personally, I'd prefer not to have to travel in a car with a ripe diaper.

chaylizi

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:54 am
I was flying once with dd & she started to stink as soon as the seatbelt sign went on. I had to wait until after takeoff & I was sooo mortified. I flew to to the restroom as soon as I was allowed to. I wouldn't say anything to someone else though.

Seraph

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 8:58 am
uriel has a very unsensitive tushy, b'h, he can be the whole night in a poopy diaper and it doesnt bother him at all. I've been yelled at by certain people for changing my son's diaper in a public area. because of his unsensitive tushy and because of experience, unless it smells terrible, I tend to wait till I get home or to my destination to change him.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 9:40 am
if im in a really compromised position and it would be uncomfortable for me to change baby's diaper, AND the baby had no rash, I would wait until I was in a more comfortable place. I am a bit of a germophobe and I cant stand using public restrooms. I would rather wait, if I knew that I could.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics