Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Political threads - is anybody undecided at this point?
Previous  1  2  3

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 11:08 am
About information being revealed, I honestly don't care about so much of the gossip and rumors in politics. I'll vote for the candidate that most closely resembles the type of leader I want my country to have. The one who shares my ideoligies and style of life that I'd like to see more of in this country.

cassandra

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 11:12 am
Clarissa wrote:
This place always seems to have people post really intensely and emphatically in a way that says they hope to convince somebody of their point of view. As soon as I see a post that says, "I can't see how any frum person would vote for..." I know things are hopeless.

Agreed.

Quote:
I didn't say that politics shouldn't be discussed. I asked if there really was a point to the political threads. The other board, for instance, forbids any posting of links for the sake of link-posting, and they discourage links to heavily biased sites whose only person is to disparage without any intelligent examination of the truth. Here, you'll see entire copied emails claiming that this or that candidate is in cahoots with the devil. How will that change anybody's mind? Those who already hate that candidate will just say, "Yes, he is evil, and now I am even more convinced." Those who support that candidate will dismiss the email as being garbage. What is accomplished?

I agree with you. I don't like conspiracy theories or far out web sites that get linked, whether they are about political candidates or vaccinations or whatever. I'm not sure how we go from wanting those to be eliminated to not discussing politics at all.

bashinda

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 8:10 pm
I don't think imamother will change who I'd vote for. I think I agree with you on that, Clarissa. And on the internet you can find anything you like depending on what you're looking for so I tend to ignore links to websites most of the time.

Traditionally, I'm neither a democrat or a republican. I choose based on the issues or the person running. Of course, lately that makes me usually a Republican but a very uncomfortable one. I spent too many years living in California I guess.

I'm not quite undecided as I think I wiill vote for McCain but reading imamother shows me that I'm quite ignorant of the issues and don't have the time to put into researching the issues and since NY is a blue state anyway I'm voting simply because that's how my mother raised me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics