Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Pm/email ettiquette

Seraph

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:12 am
do you always respond to emails or pms?
do you make sure to get back to people when you're less busy, or do you only reply occasionally?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:14 am
I respond to everything, unless it doesn't need a response. I have friends who email me back a few weeks or months after I email them. I know that they're busy, but...

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:16 am
99% of the time. It's common courtesy.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:21 am
I always respond to pm's and emails. the only exception is if we've been corresponding & I have nothing to add or the last pm is one word.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:31 am
I'm pretty good about it, but lately have been getting a bit distracted and lax. Apologies to anyone here I owe.

Tehilla

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 8:38 am
chaylizi wrote:
I always respond to pm's and emails. the only exception is if we've been corresponding & I have nothing to add or the last pm is one word.

yeah same here. if I'm really busy I try to send a quick one that says "more to come later, busy now."

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:08 am
Uh, depends who it is and what was said.
I've gotten some really strange PM's from posters I've never heard of. The first time I PM'ed back a friendly response only to receive the same exact message again. I gave up after that. And. no, I don't think that's being rude.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:10 am
that's ever so slightly bizarre

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:11 am
chaylizi wrote:
Ditto. Smile I don't answer every PM and email, like when the conversation ends with a final PM, or else it would be like the song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves... Wink

chaylizi

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:12 am
this is the song that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friend....

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:13 am
chaylizi wrote:
that's ever so slightly bizarre

Tell me about it. Rolling Eyes

LOL, Gamzu. Smile

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:14 am
Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because....

GAMZu

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 10:12 am
Hey, don't confuse the 2! Mine's different:
Quote:
the song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves...

...I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, and this is how it goes: I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's.... Tongue Out

mamacita

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:38 pm
I sometimes get into the trap where I want to properly respond with a full email/letter and since I don't have time it waits until I do, and waits, and waits. I really should just send a quick "got your email, want to respond in full when I get the chance" or something to acknowledge it.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:53 pm
If it's a friendly pm or email I will reply. It's a nice thing to do. If it's a joke I will just read and foward it it's really funny. My aunt replys to all jokes I foward her with a cute or other such comment lol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette