Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Moist Honey Cake Recipe anyone?

EvenI

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:39 am
Everyone honey cake recipe I try results in a dry cake. I want to make a moist honey cake. Does anyone have a recipe?

HooRYou

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 3:46 am
Try this:
http://www.jewishfood-list.com......html

It is not traditional, but it is very moist and yummy.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 8:42 am
sarahd posted an excellent honey cake recipe that I've been making ever since! It's moist and flavourful. You can use the search feature to find it (it's in the recipe section).

supermommy

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 12:33 pm
I'm also ISO of a moist honey cake recipe. I tried searching for sarahd's recipe but couldn't find it. Could someone help me out please. TIA.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 12:36 pm
I posted this on another thread, you should try it!

This is a REALLY good recipe:

3 eggs
1 C sugar
1 C oil
1 C honey
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C Flour
1 1/2 C strong TEA

add ingredients together, put in 9 x13 pan and bake @ 325 deg. F for 45 min- 1 hr.

EvenI

Post Sun, Sep 14 2008, 2:54 pm
Thank you very much! I'm not sure when I'll get round to using the recipes, but I;ll let you know what the results are like. NativeMom, have you ever tried substituting coffee for tea and comparing the results?

NativeMom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 3:26 pm
EvenI wrote:
Thank you very much! I'm not sure when I'll get round to using the recipes, but I;ll let you know what the results are like. NativeMom, have you ever tried substituting coffee for tea and comparing the results?

I used to use a recipe that called for strong coffee. I preferred this one with the tea. It was amazing.

wanderer

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 4:01 pm
Native Mom, what's considered strong tea?

NativeMom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 4:06 pm
Let it sit an brew for a while. Lipton tea is fine if you want to use that.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 4:07 pm
I posted my favorite honey cake recipe here last year, I think it's delicious. If I can find it, I'll post a link here.

eta: Here it is, at the end of this thread.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....=4153

EvenI

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 4:51 pm
NativeMom wrote:
EvenI wrote:

I used to use a recipe that called for strong coffee. I preferred this one with the tea. It was amazing.

Well, I tried the recipe. I used Tetley Tea bags, which a guest from England once left in my house. It's one of the well known brands of teabags in England. It makes the kind of strong brew they like to drink over there. I am from England but I am more of coffee drinker than a tea drinker, so I didn't know what I would do with the Tetley tea bags - now I know!

The middle part of the cake, which didn't dry out, tastes very nice - much closer to what I'm looking to produce than any recipe I tried before. Shame about the corners and edges. I've had my oven for over 9 years and I still haven't figured out how to bake cakes well in it.

sky

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 5:01 pm
The classic honey cake in Spice and Spirit is very good.

YALT

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 5:47 pm
Besides for one recipe, I find that most honey cakes taste much better after being in the freezer.
So try wrapping it up and freezing it in advance. Then pull out of the freezer before you need (want) it.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 6:49 pm
EvenI
I'm having major problems with my oven. The edges on my cakes always burn. I'm going to have to get an oven thermometer before I start baking for rosh hashana. I'm happy you liked the cake. I'm going to start making mine next week!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus