Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Braun food processor - Help me find the Kugel Blade

anonymom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:42 pm
Thanks! I just ordered the Braun food processor over the phone. I specified that it be full size, not knowing what that means. It turns out to be 2 liters, or 8 cups. Is that the largest Braun? In another thread, someone was saying even 11 cups wasn't so big.

The other thing I specified is that it comes with a kugel blade. Now I am trying to figure out which one is the kugel blade. Is it what they call the grating blade? - an S shaped disk that fits at the bottom of the chute at the top of the bowl? In the instructions they say this is for example, "processing raw potatoes (eg for potato pancakes) horseradish, parmesan cheese (hard)"

If so, what do you use the "blending blade" that goes at the bottom of the bowl for? Is it just like a blender?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 9:05 pm
If your blades are S shaped, then you punch it into the slots of the holder for it. The one with the tiniest pin-sized holes is for kugel. Hurray!

pgk

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 9:15 pm
The S shape blades are from the newer model. The older model had a kugel blade that gave a much better texture. On this model, the one with the tiny holes is the kugel blade. I find it too fine so I do half my potatoes with that one and half with the blade that has holes one size bigger.

anonymom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:00 pm
pgk wrote:
The S shape blades are from the newer model. The older model had a kugel blade that gave a much better texture. On this model, the one with the tiny holes is the kugel blade. I find it too fine so I do half my potatoes with that one and half with the blade that has holes one size bigger.

Thanks for the tip, although I am disappointed to hear that the newer model is not an improvement kugel-wise. Any chance I could order the old part and it will fit into the new model? The model I got is actually probably even newer than the new one you have. It is k-650 which replaces the k-600.

pgk

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:17 pm
The old blade I was referring to is a totally different shape then the s blades, so no chance the old one would fit. Sorry. Sad

anonymom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:37 pm
Thanks. Anyone know about the k-650 vs the k-600?

YALT

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:49 pm
I don't know which one I have. I know it's the S shaped blades.
I actually use the blade with big holes. That's the way DH likes it (I don't eat potato kugel)
My cousin uses the knife on the bottom, and only turns it on for a few seconds. She doesn't fill it too much either. Like that it gets blended without getting mushy.
I guess you'll need to try a few ways until you get it the way you like it!

But 1 thing I can tell you.... any Braun product you want in USA - get NOW! They've stopped producing for America! Some products you can't even get anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes