Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Party, party, oy vey party!!!

yo'ma

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 7:34 pm
My 3 1/2 year old son is in pre-school in a regular school. He's there from 9-5. Don't talk to me about the hours. I know it's long, but I have a choice of 3 hours or that and 3 hours is too short for him. Anyway, in the afternoon is some of the same kids as the morning and some new ones, so he has a lot of kids in his class. There's about 12-15 total in each class. In this country it seems like everybody makes birthday parties.

2 weeks ago he had a birthday party. Last week, he had 2 birthday parties. When I went to pick him up at the second birthday party, on Wednesday, I looked in his notebook and saw 2 more invitations for this week, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday. Each child has a communication notebook, which has notes from the school or just what's going on. When I saw them, I was like argh!! When he came home on Thursday, I looked in his notebook and found another invitation for Monday--argh!!! When he came home on Friday, I asked him jokingly if he has another invitation for Wednesday. He laughed and said, no. Little did he know, I checked and he has one for Wednesday--ARGH!!!! So, just in case you're lost, that's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 5-7 for 3-4 year old. People here go to sleep late. I know I don't have to send him, but he loves going. I'll see what I decide to do. And the presents. I'm spending less and less Confused . Just venting a bit, but isn't this nuts?!?!?!?!?!

mama-star

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 9:36 pm
gam zeh ya'avor! and for kids this age, get a nice little match box car and they're happy!

yo'ma

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 10:03 pm
mama-star wrote:
gam zeh ya'avor! and for kids this age, get a nice little match box car and they're happy!

what about the girls? LOL

GAMZu

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 10:29 pm
Oh, wow- I didn't realize at first that these are birthday parties that are outside the classroom!
5-7 does seem late. But what other choice is there if the kids only get out at 5?

leomom

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 10:30 pm
Why don't the kids have their parties during school??

ny_ima

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:23 pm
does he have to go to every single birthday party? I think not.
he's THREE! have him pick one party a week to attend!

morahs usually have party on fridays in conj. w the shabbos party
maybe u can suggest it in ur school (see how many mothers are in favor)

mama-star

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 2:11 am
get the girls a PINK matchbox car! Wink

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:18 am
Don't tell him about them and he won't know, hopefully!

As for gifts, get a stack of crayola markers or twistables with some coloring books.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:53 am
yy wrote:
Why don't the kids have their parties during school??

good question! some do, but I guess it's not really the culture.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:55 am
Raisin wrote:
Don't tell him about them and he won't know, hopefully!

He sees the invitation before I do and I might not send him to all of them anyway.

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:57 am
why don't they make them on sunday? I always make my kids parties on sunday morning.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:59 am
Raisin wrote:
why don't they make them on sunday? I always make my kids parties on sunday morning.

sunday is family day here. when we made a party for my 9 yr old, we did it on Sunday from 3-5, but we're americans Wink .

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 5:56 pm
My almost 4 year old got invited to 3 more parties this coming week. While that's nuts in itself, the craziest is the phone invitation I just got. It's this motzei Shabbos from 9-11 shock shock shock . These are 3-4 year olds.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 5:57 pm
It sure is nuts. Have fun hopping around and enjoy the birthday cake.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 5:58 pm
Forgot to mention...he's not going to the one motzei shabbos. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers