Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Teachers talking to dad -chareidi type answer please
Previous  1  2

zufriedene

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 3:21 pm
Wait till your kids grow up, my 20 year old was honored by his Mashgiach to say the DafHayomi. and that like puts him up a level and I was very proud , but even more so very grateful, What a dilemna, how do I say thank-u, he'll never talk to me, (the mashgiach)/
I made a point of it the next day when I met his wife and shared my frustratiion, and she so kindly said I'LL TRANSFER THE MESSAGE.
I GAINED 2 POINTS, SHE HEARD SOME VERY WARM REGARDS ABOURT HER DH, AND HE'LL GET IT FROM HER.
I guess as parents we always have our hesitations whats the right thing to say, how and to whom.

Last edited by zufriedene on Mon, Sep 22 2008, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2008, 4:36 pm
At my daughter's school it's always the mothers who come to parent teacher meetings. My husband would feel VERY awkward around all the women. Interestingly enough, if the principal every wants to speak to us she makes sure BOTH parents show up. This is because there is a tendency for the fathers not to be involved enough. (No surprise there).

With my boys, I'm happy to let my husband handle it. I always feel a bit inept at dealing with Cheder rebbes being I don't come from that kind of background. I sorta feel I may make a faux pas or something. But when I have to I speak to them just fine. LOL It's just funny that as outspoken as I am, I take back seat to my husaband when it comes to cheder issues.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 11:52 am
ChossidMom wrote:
At my daughter's school it's always the mothers who come to parent teacher meetings.

This is also the case in public schools. I noticed very very few men.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette