Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Pet peeve

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:01 pm
Whilst everyone here seems to have one and actually expresses it shock . I thought why not me too Twisted Evil

When we do titles of threads can't we a) use spell check or b) preview our post before. Since a typo in a post is nowhere near as bad if I may say so, then a mistake in a title. Yes it's drivin me bazerk Rolling Eyes but oh I love u anyway Tongue Out

Now I give u all especially amothers a permission to lash out and vent yep I'm ready...... armour and all Tongue Out

technic

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:11 pm
and there I was thinking this was gonna b a thread abt ur new hamster or guinea-pig!!! LOL

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:13 pm
Tech thanks 4 the reminder Scratching Head ofcourse I forgot something embarrassed

chen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:37 pm
technic wrote:
and there I was thinking this was gonna b a thread abt ur new hamster or guinea-pig!!! LOL

me, too! I was all set to congratulate the animal-lover on her wit.

technic

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:38 pm
(glad it wasnt just me then)

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:39 pm
AAArg so do u agree w/h me or not. Exclamation Please don't change the subject the 2 of u. It's not Polite amongst other things Tongue Out

technic

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:41 pm
thats all v well but ive now TOTALLY forgotten the original point!!!! LOL

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 6:43 pm
Yea tech I guess that comes w/h a women u'r age oh vell lets start again. Twisted Evil Now where were we embarrassed

chen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:04 pm
What I think freilich was saying was that she is frustrated by people misspelling thread titles, as misspelled titles can be so much more misleading than misspelled words in the middle of a post, and she wishes people would use spell check before submitting posts.

As spellcheck will not catch mistakes like "looking for wok" instead
of "looking for work", I would suggest not depending on spellcheck alone.

Oh, btw, freilich, it's "berserk", not "bazerk". Wink Not to mention that writing "My pet Peeve" certainly implied that you had in your household an animal whom you had very wittily named "Peeve". Otherwise, depending on your chosen style, you would have typed "My Pet Peeve" or "My pet peeve" or "my pet peeve."

Anyone with any interest in learning the basics of American grammar and usage in a wildly entertaining way should look for the works of Richard Lederer. Among his titles are Fractured English and the Anguished English series, Comma Sense, and Sleeping Dogs Don't Lay, all guaranteed to make you plotz with laughter as you absorb the finer points of Composition 101.

Last edited by chen on Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:17 pm
Quote:
What I think freilich was saying was that she is frustrated by people misspelling thread titles, as misspelled titles can be so much more misleading than misspelled words in the middle of a post, and she wishes people would use spell check before submitting posts.

Phew atlast someone understands me Wink
and
Quote:
freilich, it's "berserk", not "bazerk".

Aha but it's in the post not the title. u see Twisted Evil

chen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:24 pm
freilich--see the edited post. you responded as I was in the process of editing.

Tefila

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 8:32 pm
Quote:
Not to mention that writing "My pet Peeve" certainly implied that you had in your household an animal whom you had very wittily named "Peeve". Otherwise, depending on your chosen style, you would have typed "My Pet Peeve" or "My pet peeve" or "my pet peeve."

LOL a) How do ya know I don't have a pet, and b) well atleast two were takin in who knows how many more Twisted Evil

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 11:03 pm
As far as I know a Pet peeve is a Mushigas....
Am I not right? or did the definition in the dictionary change?

I was ready to share my Pet Peeves... Oh well. I'm not one of those that makes mistakes in titles bec. I don't think I've ever started a topic.. maybe once or twice..

imaamy

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 11:54 pm
Funny that after I read this I looked at the FFB poll and it is written "doughter in low." (In the poll, not the title). I guess you would care BT or FFB if she was "in LOW!"

chen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 12:53 am
SevenSenses wrote:
As far as I know a Pet peeve is a Mushigas....
Am I not right? or did the definition in the dictionary change?

I'm fairly certain the dictionary doesn't list "mishegass" as a synonym for "pet peeve" LOL Rather, it's something that one finds highly annoying. Pet peeves can be mishegassn, but they can just as easily be perfectly rational gripes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics