Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
PSA from Eliyahu Hanavi
1  2  3  Next

shalhevet

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 2:35 pm
Gmar tov to all yidden everywhere!

As promised I am letting you know a day before that mashiach is coming this motzai Shabbos (ohr l'yud gimmel Tishrei). Please be aware of the following:

1. Please report to airports straight after havdalla. Planes will be waiting. You can leave your sukkos and freezers full of YT food behind.

2. Please ensure your dress conforms to halacha. Any doubts should be checked with your LOR.

3. Our customs officials in EY will now check your baggage for strict adherence to ratzon Hashem. Please do not embarrass yourselves or them by bringing secular literature, equipment for using media not in accordance with ratzon Hashem, computers etc. Those who had heterim for using certain equipment for parnassa reasons - the heterim are no longer valid, since you will be living directly from Hashem's bounty, with your work done by non-Jews and therefore will have no need for parnassa.

4. Each family will be allotted a small apartment in line with their needs. These are Israeli sized, so please do not bring excess baggage. Please do not bring more than the minimum necessary amount of clothing for each person. No electric/ electronic gadgets (as mentioned you will have non-Jewish help).

5. Each family will be allotted their apartment in their chelek (portion) according to their original shevet (tribe). Please do not embarrass anyone, including yourselves, by requesting a particular location or neighbours. Please be aware that your neighbours will include original family members who may have been living in any country previously - many already lived in Israel, or are from the former Soviet Union, Ethiopia, South America etc. We are sure that your ahavas Yisroel knows no bounds and you will enjoy their company.

6. All boys will be enrolled in Talmudei Torah teaching only Torah. We are sure that you are aware that those rabbonim who allowed secular studies in the past did so only for parnassa reasons. Now that this no longer applies all boys will learn Torah exclusively.

7. All Jews will spend their time learning Torah and in avodas Hashem.

8. All food will be with the kedusha of EY and its accompanying mitzvos and spiritual benefits. This means no food will be imported from outside EY. Please do not bring any as personal baggage either.

Shavua tov and bruchim habaim!

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 2:42 pm
Are you serious?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 2:46 pm
What do you think?

I actually wrote this as a spin off from the wanting to live in EY thread. I hope people are davenning with all their heart that Hashem brings us the geula. So maybe it might help them be a little more prepared to think about what that geula might entail. Maybe they want to make some changes in their lives and/or opinions already.

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 2:54 pm
You really thought about this!

daamom

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 2:55 pm
Well, I like your post - it makes me feel very hopeful! And I live here already, so I'm reveling in the convenience of it all... Smile

octopus

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 5:44 pm
even though we bought a house here, I would move in a second if I had to and come on up to e'y.

red sea

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 5:52 pm
love the perspective shalhevet

Tzippora

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 6:00 pm
What if people don't believe that what you wrote is what Hashem wants of us - now or b'yimei mashiach? Then your strategy of strongarming us into particular behaviour isn't likely to work. I'm as much a fan of mashiach as anyone - but what we were taught was mashiach was far from this anachro-utopia you present.

gah... I don't think enslaving non-Jews and getting rid of our blowdryers was what my rabbis had in mind.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 6:58 pm
oy how I wish it was true. I really cried tonight when I said Lshana Haba Byerushalayim.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 7:09 pm
Tzipporah what where you taught?

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 7:12 pm
ok....

Tzippora

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 7:21 pm
For starters - this is not the end of technology and technology doesn't go away.

Peace with - not enslavement of - other nations.

A more Maimonidean view, where the world doesn't turn upside down but there is peace and prosperity and a recognition of Hashem and yes, the Jews as his chosen people.

Not that we stop working or importing food (what's the point of that, anyhow?)

Tefila

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 8:08 pm
Quote:
that mashiach is coming this motzai Shabbos (ohr l'yud gimmel Tishrei).

Haalavay
Shalhevet time zones are different all over how does it work Question
Quote:
Maybe they want to make some changes in their lives and/or opinions already.

I'll tell u it definatley puts a whole lot of things into perspective ............

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 8:50 pm
nice...shal do I loose my home in beiar LOL

hila

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:03 pm
No ... you wont lose it - just have two more families staying with you !

BeH we should all meet on Sukkot on Har Habayit !

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:05 pm
hila wrote:
No ... you wont lose it - just have two more families staying with you !

BeH we should all meet on Sukkot on Har Habayit !

hmm better clean my apartmnet LOL

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:06 pm
Good writing Shalhevet.

I have to say, even if it isn't accurate on certain points it certainly is food for thought!

I think that many of us, myself included, don't daven hard enough for the geula cause we are used to our galus.

hila

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 10:11 pm
But we learn that Mashiach is coming TODAY ! (Rambam 13) - Ani mmamin

If we really believed that then maybe he would just show up.

BeH he will come today .

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Oct 09 2008, 11:25 pm
I'm with Hila!

Chas vesholom that we should have to wait until motzei shabbos!

shalhevet

Post Fri, Oct 10 2008, 12:36 am
Tzippora wrote:
For starters - this is not the end of technology and technology doesn't go away.

Peace with - not enslavement of - other nations.

A more Maimonidean view, where the world doesn't turn upside down but there is peace and prosperity and a recognition of Hashem and yes, the Jews as his chosen people.

Not that we stop working or importing food (what's the point of that, anyhow?)

Who said anything about technology going away?

There are lots of sources about the non-Jews' tafkid being to serve us so that we can sit and learn Torah. Of course we will stop working. Remember Bereishis? Work is a curse because of Adam haRishon's chet. Before that he didn't have to work, and nor did Am Yisroel in the midbar (desert) when they only learned Torah.

We say in our brachos
והעלינו לתוכה ושמחנו בבנינה ונאכל מפריה ונשבע מטובה
The food in EY will be on a special ruchni level (as it was in the time of the Beis Hamikdash)
I mentioned it in response to posts here/ in rl where people must have some food from chul.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics