Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Binah

Do you let your husband read the binah?
Yes  
 77%  [ 17 ]
No  
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

ESB

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:00 am
Do you let your husband read the binah?

I let it lie around and dh reads it here and there. But today he read the shulem bayis article and told me to read it. I was upset he is telling me what to do. I decided its not for him. What do you think?

out-of-town

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:12 am
I thinks its nice that your husband took a interest. It was obviously a article that he thought would improve your marriage. Take it as a warm gesture and don't get insulted.

mimivan

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:14 am
yeah, maybe you found it annoying OP, but I think it is interesting that there are men who care aobut what women have to say!

Dini

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:18 am
I like when my dh reads these woman mags because then he can understand me more. But honestly he is really not interested

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 1:19 am
same here, I couldnt care less. I like it when he is well informed and knows what is going on, even if it is a ladies publication.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 2:29 am
Dini wrote:
I like when my dh reads these woman mags because then he can understand me more. But honestly he is really not interested

I couldn't have said it better!

mali

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 2:56 am
why the term "let" him? my husband isn't a kid. I don't let or not let him do things!

happyone

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 6:44 am
Why not? if it would interest him why in heavens name would I care. If I see a decent article, I'll point it out to him and have him read it. And like another poster said "LET? He is an adult you know, if it's around the house and he's actually interested I wouldn't stop.

Newsie

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 6:47 am
I wish my husband would read it. I think some of the articles are so insightful. He is not interested in the least bit.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 8:49 am
my husband only reads in hebrew so it makes no difference...

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 10:46 am
Why would I mind him reading it? But even if I'd beg him to read it he still wouldn't. He'd much rather read the post or news. I think most men have no interest in the Binah. It's way too girly girly.

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 10:57 am
Basically, same situation here:
If he wants to read it, he certainly can...but he's not really interested...If I wanted I could read his sports and car magazines but I'm not really interested.
I also don't like the use of the word "LET." He's a big boy and I'm not his mother.

ESB

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:12 am
I have no problem him reading it. Although when he reads it he looks like a women. He enjoys it.

But shouldnt he keep his comments to himself?

de_goldy

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 11:25 am
no, he shouldn't.

there is nothing wrong with reading somehting and recommending it to another. most ppl APPRECIATE that!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 2:35 pm
I doubt he would be interested, unless they happen to have an article on a topic he likes. Or out of curiosity. Or boredom. But I don't think a mag for women with a "for women" style would attract his attention very much... I can see him having a good laugh if it's the same style as some threads here, though.

cassandra

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 3:18 pm
ESB wrote:

But shouldnt he keep his comments to himself?

Could this be the reason he wants you to read a shalom bayis article? You are acting quite defensive. If someone wants to broach the topic of working on their marriage with their spouse, something they read is a great entry to do so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics