Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Honesty and Integrity - Is it Still Alive?

1stimer

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 3:35 pm
Yesterday, we were in a taxi when we noticed that suddenly the meter jumped from 13 to 21 and it was displaying F (which means Final price). We pointed this out to the taxi driver and he started arguing with us that it was not broken!! I'm not sure what he took us for...

Unfortunately this is not a rare occurance... Anyway, it got me thinking... What has happened to honesty and integrity? These concepts are not chukim, but do people still believe in it? Or is it a man eat man world and you take what you get and tough on everyone else? What are your experiences?

Furthermore, living in a dishonest environment must affect people, no? What about bringing up kids to value honesty and integrity in a society where it is non-existent?

technic

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 4:16 pm
did u ever c the email abt how society has disintegrated and how this came abt bcos G-d was taken out of the schools and society in general? - which causes morality and ethics 2 take a back seat Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics