Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
EI physical therapist recommendation in Brooklyn

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 1:26 am
My case worker sent a guy named Hany from Bilinguals who I won't call terrible, but I did tell her not to send him back. Call me crazy but I expect a therapist to coo at my baby or talk to him sweetly. My baby is 9 months old and he let the stranger hold him and do the exercises for almost 20 minutes (the session is only suppose to be 30 minutes anyway) but then he got irritated, bored, and cranky. The therapist in a bossy voice told him to "settle down"! He would have been find if he had talked sweetly to him.

So can anyone recommend a therapist? I would need the agency name and at least the therapists first name. Feel free to PM me if you like. My friend recommended Pat (Patty?) from OSTER, but she doesn't work in the summer. My case worker says it is so hard to get physical therapists right now and I'm afraid she'll just send over anyone. I've heard horror stories about other bad therapists so if you don't recommend someone I wouldn't mind a PM about that either. I really don't want to waste time sending people away. THANKS!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 1:29 am
I know Patty firsthand. She is really sweet and loves the babies especially. How many times a week is your baby mandated for PT? Because I think she will be starting her home-care cases in September again. That might not mean too many missed sessions if you want to wait.

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 1:49 am
I am switching to her if I can no matter what!

He qualified for half an hour once a week and family training every other week. Really I just want a family training session so I can work with him at home. Part of his issue is he doesn't put out his arms/hands to protect himself when he falls and I'd really like to work on that ASAP!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 2:02 am
im not a pt but have a lot of experience in ei. you can help him learn the protective reflex by making him do it! stage oppotunities that he will have to use that reflex and you will see him do it on his own more, IY"H. can't think of aything off the top of my head (it'e late) but I will think overnight and post tomorrow.

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 2:19 am
amother wrote:
im not a pt but have a lot of experience in ei. you can help him learn the protective reflex by making him do it! stage oppotunities that he will have to use that reflex and you will see him do it on his own more, IY"H. can't think of aything off the top of my head (it'e late) but I will think overnight and post tomorrow.

He falls when sitting or standing (and he loves to pull himself up) so basically every second I am not spotting him is an opportunity to bash his head in. Most of the time he is so surprised to be falling he does nothing but when he does put his arms out they barely protect him probably because he lacks strength. I meant I wanted to learn the exercises and stretches the physical therapist does with him. The guy I didn't like tried to teach me but he was an idiot, the baby was crying at that point, and I am not sure I am doing them all right. Thank you though.

Teacup9

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 2:00 pm
Anyone else in NYC who likes/liked their physical therapist?????

Teacup9

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:55 pm
To the imamother who knows Patty do you know how I can contact her? As far as I knew she use to work for Oster, but my case worker just called to let me know that Oster no longer does out patient care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics