Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
101 things to do with boneless skinless chicken breasts

challi

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:45 pm
I'm in desparate need of new ideas. Something exciting perhaps

TIA

octopus

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:49 pm
simple, easy, fast, and healthy.

If you have a waist-high broiler:

Spray top side of cutlet (side that is exposed to the flame) with olive oil spray. LIGHTLY sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper (very, very light on the pepper. leave it out altogether if you don't like it). Broil for 15 min on high. (not too close to the flame). Flip. Spray the other side and sprinkle with the spices. Broil for another 15 minutes. voila.

disclaimer: you should check on it while broiling to make sure it is not burning or if it is raw.

When done correctly, this tastes delicious!

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:52 pm
I made swiss chicken with the cutlets yesterday and today my father recycled the leftovers into mock shwarma. My kids are eating it in mini pitas with veggies.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:53 pm
Chicken Fajitas...I made this for company once and it went over well.
Tortilla shells, slice the chicken thin and saute, saute onions and peppers of all colors (makes it look pretty and the taste is slightly different) spice it up like you like, and make some sauces to go with. I made a salsa sauce and a mayo garlic sauce. Add some lettuce, chopped up tomatoes and go for it.

Marinate in some lemon juice and pepper, bread and fry.

Coat with garlic, a bit of oil, tamari and hot sauce if you like, and put under the broiler for a few minutes each side. Serve with rice and broccoli.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:55 pm
chicken nuggets and serve with duck sauce

canadamom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:55 pm
yummy recipe:

chicken over noodles

cook pack of green colorful noodles (from eden)

chicken cutlets:
coat with flour and fry with olive oil for 2 min.

sauce:
sautee 1 onion, box fresh mushrooms sliced, 2-3 cloves garlic, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup white wine
2 Tbsp. consomee
bake covered 1/2 hour-40 min

Lani22

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 2:58 pm
Pound cutlets untill they are thin. Make a stuffing of cous cous, onion,spinach, mushrooms and spices. placed a heaping spoonful in the center of cutlet and rolled the cutlet up and places seam side down in baking dish. I poured a mixture of white wine leftover from shabbas and chicken consome from a can over it. baked for I think about 40 minutes. My husband loved it! ( I had leftover stuffing that I just put in the bottom of the pan with the chicken- delicious!)

I bought schwarma seasoning (I think pereg brand) sliced chicken cutlets into thin strips and sauteed with oil and seasoning. You can serve in a pita with chumus and salad.

chicken ceasar salad- just broil culets with garlic and onion powder cut into chunks and toss with a big salad with croutons.

mix mikees terriyake sauce and duck sauce together and spread over cutlets- delicious ( found recipe on this site) I serve with asain inspired side dishes.

there is a recipe for kishka stuffed cutlets in KBD that my husband enjoys although it is very unhealthy.

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 3:36 pm
In a pan, make a closely packed layer of kishka, either slices closely layered or pat it with your hands. Layer the chicken on top, all touching. Then pour your favorite sauce over it, cover and bake for 40 minutes. Serve as a square on a plate, very elegant.

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 3:44 pm
Chicken stir fry; chicken salad; shnitzel - baked or fried, in eggs and spiced crumbs, or marinated in italian dressing then crumbs; shnitzel then cut into slices and recooked in duck sauce, can add some broccoli or green beans, chicken dipped in potato starch and fried with loads of onions; sesame nuggets; chicken with peas and sundried tomatoes in a cream sauce, over pasta (recipe from KBD entertains - think it's called chicken farfalle or something - yum); sliced chicken breasts cooked with potatoes, onions, mushrooms, green beans and/or broccoli in duck sauce, with dried red pepper flakes; egg rolls; chicken en crout; off the top of my head.

bubbles

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 3:52 pm
vegatable stuffed chicken cutlets. If u want the recipe let me know. It is very good.

Motek

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 4:53 pm
Might be good as cold compress. Nice and clammy. Store in fridge for maximum effectiveness.

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Oct 28 2008, 4:54 pm
Motek wrote:
Might be good as cold compress. Nice and clammy. Store in fridge for maximum effectiveness.
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo there are pregnant ladies here!

lovmyboys

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 4:56 pm
bubbles wrote:
vegatable stuffed chicken cutlets. If u want the recipe let me know. It is very good.

Can you post please?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 5:05 pm
my mother used to sprinkle cinnamon and onion powder on top and bake. it's good, but I got sick of it after about 3 years of shabbosim with the same recipe...

marinade them in italian dressing and bake.
cube them and make shish kabob.
chicken pot pie

ABC

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 3:24 am
mummiedearest wrote:
my mother used to sprinkle cinnamon and onion powder on top and bake. it's good, but I got sick of it after about 3 years of shabbosim with the same recipe...

marinade them in italian dressing and bake.
cube them and make shish kabob.
chicken pot pie

I want to make this - would you marinade them in something first?

smilethere

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 4:54 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
Motek wrote:
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo there are pregnant ladies here!

thanks for sticking up for me. this just made me Puke

simba

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 8:19 am
1.Marinate then grill in the broiler for 10-15 min.
Throw over a fresh salad for a yummy grilled chicken salad.

2. Classic Shnitzel

3. Sesame Chicken

4.Honey Mustard cutlets
Mix:
1/4 cup dijon mustard
3tbsp honey
2 tsp lemon juice.

Dip in above mixture then in breadcrumbs. Drizzle with oil abn bake uncovered for 25 min on 350.

5. There is a recipe somewhere to roll the cutlet around a mushroom mixture, then bread the roll and bake. I didn't like but, dh did.

shaini

Post Thu, Aug 19 2010, 4:14 pm
I posted a recipe in the pesach section for boneless chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, garlic and drizzled with a sauce made from Basalmic Vinegar - it's a little work but tastes yummy and looks great cut up to serve. If I find the link I'll update this post.

mosma

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 8:21 am
canadamom wrote:
yummy recipe:

chicken over noodles

cook pack of green colorful noodles (from eden)

chicken cutlets:
coat with flour and fry with olive oil for 2 min.

sauce:
sautee 1 onion, box fresh mushrooms sliced, 2-3 cloves garlic, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup white wine
2 Tbsp. consomee
bake covered 1/2 hour-40 min

I know this post is old, but I made this for shabbos and it was a HUGE hit. I didn't serve it with noodles, and I didn't have white wine so I used diluted cider vinegar, but next time I will definitely try it with the wine.
EVERYONE loved it. thanks for posting!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Nov 28 2011, 2:20 pm
Make your own schnitzels (slicing and pounding before egging/coating crumbs)

Cut into small bite size, marinate in soy sauce, OJ, sesame oil, make into stir-fry with julienne peppers, courgettes, salad onion/scallion, egg noodles.

Marinate in BBQ saucr or salad dressing, grill and slice, serve on top of salad

I also have posted recipe for coronation chicken--basically chicken salad with curry flavoured mayo, apricot and roasted almond.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey