Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
My aunt told my cousin she wanted to kill me!

pomegranate

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 3:08 pm
So my aunt who always has what to critisize and boss everyone met me on the street and told me that I should buy a new hat for my toddler bec. it is small. So I just stared back at her because I did not give her feedback for this way that she is acting (although everyone tells her thank you when she tells them what they should do etc.
afterwards I tried to change the subject and asked her when my cousin (her neice) is getting married so she said with her eyes wide open "YOU DON'T KNOW?'' so basically this is the way the conversation went and before I went off she just said a few more ''important things''.
Anyway, today I meet one of my cousins and she tells me- you know aunt so and so said she wanted to kill you bec. you made a strict face. WTH? I am so upset right now!
So how should I deal with this in the nicest way?

Raizle

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 3:15 pm
I think you already dealt with it fine. It's her problem that she can't handle your response.
Shows that you got to her alright Twisted Evil
Was the cousin who said it to you a little kid? Sounds like it. You may want to drop a calm flippant comment to her about watching what she says in front of little ears.

pomegranate

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 3:22 pm
Raizle wrote:
I think you already dealt with it fine. It's her problem that she can't handle your response.
Shows that you got to her alright Twisted Evil
Was the cousin who said it to you a little kid? Sounds like it. You may want to drop a calm flippant comment to her about watching what she says in front of little ears.

My cousin is an adult who has a few kids already just she is sort of a yenta.. and you might be right - maybe it bothered her that I ignored her so this is how she responded.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 3:31 am
Um, is she a drama queen? Skip it, she will always be like this. She brings negative influence to your life. Be polite, then move on.

meirav

Post Wed, Nov 05 2008, 3:42 am
Are you asking for the nicest way, or the most satisfying way? Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette