Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do Teshuva, Mashiach's on His Way!
Previous  1  2

poelmamosh

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 6:40 am
Your list is scary, MN...
I just want to pipe in to relate one of the Lubavitcher Rebbe's teachings with regard to all the predictions recorded in the Oral Torah about the coming of Moshiach. Since many of these sources seem to contradict each other, the Rebbe categorizes them in two groups and (quoting from the Navi) lists them under conditions of "on time" (ie the yr 6000) or a more positive "hastened mode". The Rebbe reassured us that so many years of galus definitely "merited" us to a geula before its allotted time. This means...
Many of the dire prophecies, even if they are from Torah sources, need not come about for Moshiach to come.

Please don't be afraid, let Moshiach just come already Very Happy

Motek

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 9:38 am
yayay wrote:
Motek,
How do you factually know that its not true about Birchas hachama happening twice at those times on the first day of Pesach?

Go figure it out. We have the dates for Yetzias Mitzrayim and Purim.

Quote:
6. I heard that when hoshana rabba falls on friday like will be this year, there will be a huge atom bomb explosian and whoever sat in the sukka will be saved.

This must be an old one. Hoshana Raba was on Monday this year.

Raizle

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 4:00 pm
Motek is right, I posted on this on a thread which I don't remember which and afterwards I found out that I was actually wrong. There was a rumor going around about it which was inaccurate.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 4:28 pm
Motek wrote:

Quote:
Chazon Ish (his Grandfather) and Rav Shach (one of his Rabbis) came to Rav Chaim Kanievsky in a dream and both told him to tell everyone to do Teshuva in order to get ready for Mashiach, who is coming very soon.

What is the source of this story? How come it wasn't reported in Mishpacha as they reported and interviewed R' Shachna Zohn?

Maybe because Reb Chaim doesn't give interviews to Mishpacha Confused .

I find this whole thread rather disturbing. First the title - as if we only have to do teshuva if mashiach's on his way. Secondly - some dates later than today have been mentioned. Chas v'shalom that people should believe mashiach will come in a month or six months or a year. Hayom - im b'kolo tishmau (today - if you listen to His voice). Thirdly - it is not considered a good idea to make declarations that mashiach will come by such and such a date - such declarations have caused us plenty of damage throughout history.

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 5:17 pm
Motek wrote:
yayay wrote:
Motek,
How do you factually know that its not true about Birchas hachama happening twice at those times on the first day of Pesach?

Go figure it out. We have the dates for Yetzias Mitzrayim and Purim.

But can't the birchas hachama come out on different dates? It has to do with the position of the sun. It's when it's at it's strongest position, the position it was during thr 6 days of creation. So it could happened @ yetzias mitzrayim and purim time.

Motek wrote:
yayay wrote:
6. I heard that when hoshana rabba falls on friday like will be this year, there will be a huge atom bomb explosian and whoever sat in the sukka will be saved.

This must be an old one. Hoshana Raba was on Monday this year.

This coming year will be on Friday! Maybe it'll be after Moshiach comes or part of the process?

TheBeinoni

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 6:29 pm
shalhevet wrote:

I find this whole thread rather disturbing. First the title - as if we only have to do teshuva if mashiach's on his way. Secondly - some dates later than today have been mentioned. Chas v'shalom that people should believe mashiach will come in a month or six months or a year. Hayom - im b'kolo tishmau (today - if you listen to His voice).

You touch upon two points that really were my whole point of posting this in the first place. The title, although I know most ppl didn't take it this way, was meant in kind of an ironic/sarcastic way. The email I received (that is posted above) as well as many of the recent "announcements" in the news are all presented to us in a very "Do teshuva now before it's too late way.

Like you said, we must BELIEVE he is coming HAYOM=Today! And as others have mentioned, he's here, but we need to SEE/BELIEVE it!

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 11:18 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Motek wrote:

Quote:
Chazon Ish (his Grandfather) and Rav Shach (one of his Rabbis) came to Rav Chaim Kanievsky in a dream and both told him to tell everyone to do Teshuva in order to get ready for Mashiach, who is coming very soon.

What is the source of this story? How come it wasn't reported in Mishpacha as they reported and interviewed R' Shachna Zohn?

Maybe because Reb Chaim doesn't give interviews to Mishpacha Confused .

I find this whole thread rather disturbing. First the title - as if we only have to do teshuva if mashiach's on his way. Secondly - some dates later than today have been mentioned. Chas v'shalom that people should believe mashiach will come in a month or six months or a year. Hayom - im b'kolo tishmau (today - if you listen to His voice). Thirdly - it is not considered a good idea to make declarations that mashiach will come by such and such a date - such declarations have caused us plenty of damage throughout history.

I also have this idea... anybody remember chet haegel where Moshe didn't come down "on time"..

Motek

Post Fri, Oct 31 2008, 7:09 am
shalhevet wrote:
Thirdly - it is not considered a good idea to make declarations that mashiach will come by such and such a date - such declarations have caused us plenty of damage throughout history.

Yet the Chofetz Chaim gave a date (it passed).

chabadshb

Post Thu, Nov 06 2008, 7:38 pm
Even if this is not true, just because make us think and talk about Moshiach is a good thing. We all should want Moshaich to come as soon as possible.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics