Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Someone has stuff by us that dh wants out...
Previous  1  2

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 8:49 am
I have no contact info of her.... I don't remember what the rov said I should ask again

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 8:59 am
Call the police and give it to them, or drop it at the police station (can you do that?) Tell the story and now it's her problem. If she calls you 6 mths from now, just say, we don't have it anymore. Also, re. the police, in Israel they might not do it because of bombs. Just throw them out.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Feb 17 2008, 9:00 am
You're way too nice. I would have put the stuff out when the month was up.

If she hasn't contacted you in all this time, I'd put it out with the trash.

If you know her name, send a post to Janglo, something like "Trying to reach Ms. XYZ" and state in the post that she has 1 week to contact you regarding the things she has in storage. If she doesn't contact you in that week, it's going into the garbage. If she does contact you, she has 1 month to get the things out of storage or it's going in the garbage.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jul 24 2008, 11:01 am
I hadn't heard from her for almost a year.. they at a wedding I met someone who knows this person's mother.

I toold her I have heard nothing from her.. she told me also teh situation is crazy with her.. so I itold her I really want the stuff out.

because she knows her mother tuesday she came to pick up the stuff and she said she'llsort itout and with the peron's mother's permission she'll throw out...

thank goodness after 5 years the stuff is out!!

mama-star

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 11:49 pm
what a bizarre story! shock

Ozgal

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 6:16 am
I couldn't have kept a locked bag that long. I would have called the police long ago. I know someone who ended up being questioned over stolen property that she didn't know was in a box she stored for someone. You are very lucky.

freidasima

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 6:20 am
Here in EY to keep something locked from someone you don't know at all? I don't know how people get into such situations, I wouldn't do it for anyone I didn't know, too much danger in this country.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Nov 09 2008, 10:02 am
ok here's what happened now, last july this other person took the stuff and an the rov's instructions she was told to give the clothes to a gmach and the rest to throw out. all was fine and settled.

today the woman weh otook the cases called me tellingme that this person suddenly wokle up of over a year and wants to see her, she asked that woman's mother what to do and the mother said, tell her there was a flood by me and ecerything got ruined and I was nice enough not to take payment.

I hope she won't come to me, but this other woman said this will save us as if she's reallyknow what was done she'd sue us damages.

btw freida I was a week after birth when she turned up, like right before a bris...

freidasima

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 7:50 am
Miriamnechama that's a good ending, and yes, right after birth we are liable to agree to anything just to get people off our necks, boy do I know it!
Hope that this will be the end of it!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette