Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What to wear?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:18 am
I have a wedding tonight and im wearing a black and grey suit, im just wondering what color tights to wear?
nude,thin black, or thick black, what do ppl wear in these days?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:20 am
I wouldn't wear black and grey to begin with to a wedding, but that's me.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:25 am
Some people differ from the norm but what I have found to be always appropriate is nude to fancy occasions such as weddings.

buzzinmom

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:29 am
yea I think nude makes sense also. it is getting cold outside and e/t but nude just gives a cleaner more polished look in my opinion

Barbara

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:42 am
buzzinmom wrote:
yea I think nude makes sense also. it is getting cold outside and e/t but nude just gives a cleaner more polished look in my opinion

Nude. Sheer black would probably be OK as well Definitely not opaque (unless its your minhag not to wear sheer), as that's too casual for a wedding.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 8:54 am
nude. over a year ago I started wearing nude bc it just makes me feel more dressed.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 9:26 am
Definately nude...

But I would not wear black and grey to a wedding. To a funeral, perhaps.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 9:30 am
thank you all
nude it is. btw why would you not wear black and grey to a wedding? so what color would you wear to wedding. black is very elegent

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 9:31 am
I have a black dress that I wear to weddings.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 9:32 am
Actually, black opaque or semi-opaque tights, specifically patterned are very much in style now and look great with open toed pumps but I wouldn't advise you to wear them if the rest of your clothes aren't stylish either. (I have no clue who you are so no offense, please) You could end up looking frumpy. Go with nude (only if it looks exactly like your legs).

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 29 2008, 9:49 am
amother wrote:
thank you all
nude it is. btw why would you not wear black and grey to a wedding? so what color would you wear to wedding. black is very elegent

If I wasn't frum I could see myself wearing a trendy, not tzanua black dress and all. But tznius + black = very very strict...

I would wear black + lively colour, or just no black. Or black shoes with coloured clothes, etc.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Oct 30 2008, 7:35 am
I've worn LBDs to weddings but always with strappy gold or silver shoes or red stilettos or black satin pumps...and never with black opaque tights and shoes. It's not necessarily the color, but the style too that matters and the accessories...

anonymom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 9:20 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
nude. over a year ago I started wearing nude bc it just makes me feel more dressed.

Nude makes me feel quite undressed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics