Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Spinach fettucine in kugel?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 7:02 am
I use fettucine to make my lukshen kugel because that's what I can get. I have a bag of spinach fettucine sitting in my pantry for awhile and want to use it already. Can I use that just to make a sweet lukshen kugel? If not, how can I make it instead, but still as a kugel? My children prefer it sweet. TIA

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 9:50 am
nobody knows Sad ?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 9:57 am
I don't know particularly but I don't think the spinach lokshen will go well flavor wise with sweet. Do you have any actual spinach, perhaps make a spinach lokshen kugel or a salt and pepper, much better flavor palette than sweet for such lokshen IMHO.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 10:06 am
I have the spinach fettucine, that's the problem. You think I could make it like I make a regular salt and pepper one? One of my kids will eat it, I know. He's a salt lover.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 10:14 am
I don't see how it could come out bad, the flavors are somewhat similar. Worst case scenario you wasted a box of pasta. Unless you want to make a pasta dish and can look up a spinach fettucine recipe online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes