Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Was this rude?
Previous  1  2

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Oct 12 2008, 7:18 pm
Yes it was certainly rude but just like everyone else said, people say stupid things. I've heard my share of plenty stupid remarks.
If worn correctly--which I'm sure you do it's fine, you're baby's not going to fall out.
Do you know how many people I've seen people wearing a baby in a loosely tied Moby-wrap or a sling type carrier, running to catch a bus or to hail a cab?--that might make a bystander think the baby might fall out....But certainly, you walking at a normal pace with a baby in a supported baby bjorn carrier should not!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 5:07 am
Ima'la wrote:
I know what you mean about unsolicited advice being annoying, but I've learned that life is more pleasant when I chill out and take it for what it is - honest concern.

In your situation, if it were a stranger just passing by, I would say thanks and smile, and perhaps put my hand on the baby for a second to humor her as I walked by. If it were someone I'd continue to encounter, I'd say something more like, "Thanks for your concern, but these are designed with safety standards and really are very secure."

I try to handle situations exactly this way! I find it is much more pleasant than my original natural reaction, feeling bad about myself and resentfully thinking 'who asked you'

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Ima'la

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 5:54 am
ChSh wrote:
Ima'la wrote:
I know what you mean about unsolicited advice being annoying, but I've learned that life is more pleasant when I chill out and take it for what it is - honest concern.

In your situation, if it were a stranger just passing by, I would say thanks and smile, and perhaps put my hand on the baby for a second to humor her as I walked by. If it were someone I'd continue to encounter, I'd say something more like, "Thanks for your concern, but these are designed with safety standards and really are very secure."

I try to handle situations exactly this way! It's a habit that I adopted when I moved to Israel - where everyone is your "caring" advice-giving sister - and I find it is much more pleasant than my original natural reaction, feeling bad about myself and resentfully thinking 'who asked you'

Maybe that's the nekudah - think of everyone as your caring sister - not your meddling MIL! Wink

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 7:40 am
Ima'la wrote:

Maybe that's the nekudah - think of everyone as your caring sister - not your meddling MIL! Wink

LOL interesting point.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette