Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Poor table manners
Previous  1  2

Aidelmom

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 12:37 pm
As my grandmothger would say "just keep your pinky up"

ChossidMom

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 1:21 pm
Aidelmom wrote:
As my grandmothger would say "just keep your pinky up"

LOL

So, how do all you refined ladies eat bufallo wings? With a knife and fork?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
I sympathize! In my parents home, chewing on chicken bones was a favorite part of my meal ( so was the skin Puke ). My husband is the opposite- he doesn't even eat the chicken right around the bones! I pass on the bones when we eat together- but tell him not to look when I pick on every bit of chicken left on the bones!!
LOL

Same here. I eat with my fingers, can't let them eat alone (groan.)

DH uses a fork and knife and will eat wings with his hands though but I think it bothers him a little to do so. DS won't touch anything sticky with his hands. He'll hold a chicken leg with a napkin wrapped around the end. DD would eat soup with her hands if I didn't stop her.

I would definitely assume from our family that nothing was learned by watching others, but these things were deemed gross or not according to each person. I grew up with eating chicken with hands although only by my mother as my father would eat pizza with a fork and knife. DH's mother also eats chicken with her hands and asks for the carcass to pick through. Nothing bothers me anymore but I just expect decent table manners from the kids. I think even DH has gotten better with manners. He used to eat so quickly and gulped everything down in seconds, not looking up until done. I think as a bachur, he had to hurry for meals and wasn't sure where the next one would come from. He grew out of it once I asked him to slow down and enjoy. It took a few years though. LOL

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 3:29 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
greenfire wrote:
lol my dd says she's gonna eat with her hands on her first date ... the guy will relax & burp ... then they will live happily ever after ... 8)

Nervous dh and I made walrus faces with our chopsticks on one date...

Rolling Laughter that's great!

we thought so too. we recently went to a chinese restaurant without the kids and reenacted the walrus face for old times' sake.

Nervous you are hilarious ... now confess was it the first date What

cassandra

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 3:32 pm
Look in an etiquette book. It is acceptable to eat bone-in chicken with your fingers. I remember being surprised to read this, but it's true.

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 3:56 pm
greenfire wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
greenfire wrote:
lol my dd says she's gonna eat with her hands on her first date ... the guy will relax & burp ... then they will live happily ever after ... 8)

Nervous dh and I made walrus faces with our chopsticks on one date...

Rolling Laughter that's great!

we thought so too. we recently went to a chinese restaurant without the kids and reenacted the walrus face for old times' sake.

Nervous you are hilarious ... now confess was it the first date What

alas, I think it was the fourth, greenfire. we were fairly prim and proper on our first date.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 4:55 am
cassandra wrote:
Look in an etiquette book. It is acceptable to eat bone-in chicken with your fingers. I remember being surprised to read this, but it's true.

Thank you, Cassandra. I was waiting for someone to mention that. It's true!!!! We don't eat chicken wings with knives and forks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette