Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
If you're on the phone ...

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 8:22 am
don't talk to someone else for more than 5 seconds - without either saying I'll call you back - instead of people having to hear you talk to the plumber, the baker, or the candlestick maker !!! (the kid I understand) Banging head Shooting Arrow

pappymom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:42 am
lol I totally know where ur coming from!! My friend holds thorough conversation with her kids while talking to me and cant understand what the prob is!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:47 am
I guess you can be frustrated for being put on "hold", but you have to take into account the time you are choosing to call your friends. It might be dinner time, or homework time, and a friend might feel that you are important to answer the phone for, but is distracted by routines. I think it goes both ways. Call at quiet times, and you will be able to engage the persons full attention.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:47 am
the kids are my only exception to the rule - but be brief ... anybody else is just simply RUDE w/o perhaps thinking "I'll call you back" ... same for call waiting - do NOT go to another call unless it is brief - it is RUDE to leave s/o on the phone waiting ...

chavs

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:27 am
I hear ya'! can I add dont put your kid on the phone because he wants to talk without knowing if your friend is ok with that. Some ppl just pass the phone to their kid and expects you to talk, it drives me mad!

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
I guess you can be frustrated for being put on "hold", but you have to take into account the time you are choosing to call your friends. It might be dinner time, or homework time, and a friend might feel that you are important to answer the phone for, but is distracted by routines. I think it goes both ways. Call at quiet times, and you will be able to engage the persons full attention.

if someone is busy - they should NOT answer the phone ... or if they get busy - say "excuse me" Rolling Eyes

Stayci

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:36 am
I am so with you. If you are too busy, say so!!! The worst part is that I can't even tell them that I'll call them back later, cuz' they won't even hear me!

bandcm

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 1:45 pm
My mother does it to me all the time, but I like it - it makes me feel like I'm back home, hearing all the day-to-day discussions and petty little arguments among my siblings.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 1:50 pm
Stayci wrote:
I am so with you. If you are too busy, say so!!! The worst part is that I can't even tell them that I'll call them back later, cuz' they won't even hear me!

right - so I hang up ... and then they consider me the rude one ... when I explain they apologize and do it again & again & again Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette