Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What should I do tenant not paying rent?
Previous  1  2  3

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:16 pm
greenfire wrote:
it's better to charge a lesser price and have a tenant than to evict your tenant and have nobody ... there's a happy medium ... and 3 years is way to long to expect something you didn't ask/demand after the first 3 months !!!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Atali

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:18 pm
creativemommyto3 wrote:
Those statements weren't anti-landlord.. you just don't like what I have to say. If the OP let it last this long then she is really naive.. She really has to ask a Rav what to do.

boy am I glad not to live in Brooklyn, those prices are enormous . Here in EY.. my apartment was empty for 10 months before I got to it. How do you know that this won't happen here?

Truthfully, the reason why the OP is in this sit is b/c the market is outrageously high and many ppl can't pay it.

When I live in NY, I lived in a two bedroom for 900 dollars. That is outrageous.. Here in EY, I was paying 420 dollars for renting a 3 bedroom..

The prices are so high b/c one person made the price so high and then other saw that they could get that price so it mushroomed.

This isn't a case of tenants who don't pay b/c the OP is getting rent. She can sit down with these ppl with a lawyer and have it all explained but should also think logically and not about the 500 dollars b/c she might not get it. There is a chance that nobody will rent it.. you don't know that it won't sit for months and months without a renter.

Not quite, the rent is that high because the mortgages are high and the landlords need to be able to cover their mortgage.

$1200 would cover the mortgage on a $200,000 property (leaving no income for the landlord), but a four-bedroom in Brooklyn costs at least double that amount, leaving the landlord unable to pay the mortgage.

creativemommyto3

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:20 pm
Atali wrote:
creativemommyto3 wrote:
Those statements weren't anti-landlord.. you just don't like what I have to say. If the OP let it last this long then she is really naive.. She really has to ask a Rav what to do.

boy am I glad not to live in Brooklyn, those prices are enormous . Here in EY.. my apartment was empty for 10 months before I got to it. How do you know that this won't happen here?

Truthfully, the reason why the OP is in this sit is b/c the market is outrageously high and many ppl can't pay it.

When I live in NY, I lived in a two bedroom for 900 dollars. That is outrageous.. Here in EY, I was paying 420 dollars for renting a 3 bedroom..

The prices are so high b/c one person made the price so high and then other saw that they could get that price so it mushroomed.

This isn't a case of tenants who don't pay b/c the OP is getting rent. She can sit down with these ppl with a lawyer and have it all explained but should also think logically and not about the 500 dollars b/c she might not get it. There is a chance that nobody will rent it.. you don't know that it won't sit for months and months without a renter.

Not quite, the rent is that high because the mortgages are high and the landlords need to be able to cover their mortgage.

$1200 would cover the mortgage on a $200,000 property (leaving no income for the landlord), but a four-bedroom in Brooklyn costs at least double that amount, leaving the landlord unable to pay the mortgage.

Okay, but why in the world did the OP not sit and discuss this with these ppl after 3 months????????

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 1:27 pm
creativemommyto3 wrote:
Those statements weren't anti-landlord.. you just don't like what I have to say.

Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette